Administrator
53,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sponsored by:

We Should Have A New Sponsor Soon!

Congratulations to our July winner!!!
RogerRamJet​
And now a word from your winner!​

Hello Ram ForumZ members, and welcome to another edition of MOTM club. This month, I am your host and will be taking you on a tour of the Ram ForumZ.

A big shout out to my fellow members for the nod this month, Pascal AKA crusher, Simon AKA LowUFO, and John AKA h2oman. Thank you gentlemen, I am honored that y’all have taken the time to remember me in your knightly prayers. None of this would be possible, however, if it wasn’t for our fearless leader who sits at the head of the round table, Clay AKA GT. Without him this would be… Well, it wouldn’t be. Props and many thanks to the man, the myth, the legend.

Many thanks to Dana AKA CajunDodge for taking the time out of her busy schedule to host this great contest. Yes, although it is rare, women can be knights. For taking and keeping up our cause, she is my knight in shining cyberness.
But enough about them. Let’s talk about me. After all, that’s what we’re here for, right? In my April 2014 address, you learned about me growing up and my time here on the Z. Let me fill in the 30 year gap. I’m a career Fire Fighter/Paramedic, retired. Prior to that, I spent 6 years, 2 months, and a day in the Coast Guard as an ASM/AST. Mom & Dad signed the waiver so I was able to join at 17. Yeah, I look back now with my 20/20 hind sight and think that I should have made it a career. But then I think I wouldn’t be where I was today if I had. I have a beautiful wife, 2 great grandkids, a great 2nd career that keeps me busy and has let me travel this great country of ours from sea to shining sea. It’s even allowed me to see some of the great cities and people north of the border. Oh, my second career? Y’all want to know what I do now. I make things work. Things, specifically being, commercial audio and visual equipment. I work for an A/V integrator as a project engineer. We have techs that pull cable and install the equipment in conference rooms, board room, breakout rooms, etc., and I come in when they are close to finishing and make it all play nice together. Sometimes it’s a joy. Sometimes it’s a job. Dealing with electrons and electronics has its rewards as well as its frustrations. But, my job allows me to travel and stay abreast of the latest consumer and commercial electronics on the market.

Last April, I was bestowed upon the privilege of becoming a Member Relations Manager. They told me the pay sucked and the hours were long, but the rewards were great. I accepted and a month later, after typing with the skin of my fingers, I was nominated and won MOTM. Last month, one of your other great administrators of this great forum, HeartZ, called upon me once again to step up to the keyboard. This time, I was called to the big leagues. The show. The Grand Illusion, if you will. I was asked if I would step behind the curtain and take on the role of Super Moderator. The hours were longer, the pay sucked worse than a broken vacuum, and I couldn’t say yes quick enough.
Does history repeat itself? Rhetorical question, Shawn. Please put your hand down. Shawn AKA ShawnC13, because ShawnA, ShawnB and ShawnC1 through ShawnC12 were taken, has been a great friend and mentor. Thank you, Shawn, for taking me under your wing… dude, take a shower man, you’re molting… Seriously, thank you for helping me with my new duties here on the Z. Many thanks to HeartZ and CajunDodge for nurturing and pointing me in the right direction as well. Wait, where was I going with this? Oh yes, history does repeat itself. Last year, after being drafted to meet and great new members and point them in the write… wright… correct direction, y’all rewarded me with the Golden Badge of honor. This month, I am reminded that, although I can now swing the BAN HAMMER, with great power comes great responsibility. Thank you all, for allowing me to be not only a member, not only a Member of the Month, but a Super Moderator and make a difference in OUR great forum.

Roger AKA RogerRamJet​

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Congratulations on another MOTM badge Roger! Well said and well deserved as always. :smileup:

Congratulations on being promoted to a Super Moderator, if anybody can handle the sucky pay and the even longer hours its you. :LOL: :smileup:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Both titles are well deserved. Congrats dude.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Congratulations :smileup:

Your a fine example of what this site is about ;)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Holy crap. That was a big read. It was worth nominating you, Rog, just for that. lol

Congrats, my brother. Couldn't go to a nicer guy.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Congratulations on another MOTM badge Roger! Well said and well deserved as always. :smileup:

Congratulations on being promoted to a Super Moderator, if anybody can handle the sucky pay and the even longer hours its you. :LOL: :smileup:
Thanks, Kyle. I keep sending Clay my billable hours... He keeps sending sand back to me.

Both titles are well deserved. Congrats dude.
Thanks, John! When are we gonna stick another badge up there with your Orange?

Congratulations :smileup:

Your a fine example of what this site is about ;)
Thanks, Donnie! Keep up the great work. I've got my eye on you.

Holy crap. That was a big read. It was worth nominating you, Rog, just for that. lol

Congrats, my brother. Couldn't go to a nicer guy.
It originally said, "Thanks! Yada yada yada. Thanks again." But Cajun said I had to put a little more than just 3 yada's. REALLY pissed her off when I put 4. :LOL:

Thanks, Brother Simon. I am a nice guy, ain't I? Yep, just ask me... I'll tell you.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Thanks, Kyle. I keep sending Clay my billable hours... He keeps sending sand back to me.

Thanks, John! When are we gonna stick another badge up there with your Orange?

Thanks, Donnie! Keep up the great work. I've got my eye on you.

It originally said, "Thanks! Yada yada yada. Thanks again." But Cajun said I had to put a little more than just 3 yada's. REALLY pissed her off when I put 4. :LOL:

Thanks, Brother Simon. I am a nice guy, ain't I? Yep, just ask me... I'll tell you.
I just snorted beer out my nose.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Congrats on the win.... very well deserved!!

·
Administrator
41,925 Posts
It was great had a blast. First time for the kids camping, and not once did I hear I am bored or where is the iPad. They even handled the travel day home awesome 9.5 hours of driving time only to miss the ferry home by 3 cars and have to wait another hour for the next one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.