DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just replaced two springs on passenger side. I am looking into the mds delete kits and changing cams, lifters, timing chain and whatever else is recommended. Anyone have any input on kits or what to go with? Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,864 Posts
On a 2015 with locked PCM I’d play the percentages of less than 1% lifter failure under 150k miles.

Unless you’re going for a performance build, an MDS delete is going to cost an extra $1000 with custom tuning and unlock.

MMX has a no-tune required camshaft but if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. 🤔

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a 2015 with locked PCM I’d play the percentages of less than 1% lifter failure under 150k miles.

Unless you’re going for a performance build, an MDS delete is going to cost an extra $1000 with custom tuning and unlock.

I had a spring break and another one showed cracking. I have a lifter starting to tap. It’s more of prevention and longevity. I don’t care if I have to send my pcm out or get a tuner. Im trying to figure out the best option and what peoplehave used and if mds delete is a smart move.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Simplifying a mechanical operation is never going to hurt a FMEA.

MDS delete removes having dual camshaft profiles, eliminates 8 MDS lifters & 4 solenoids, and allows consistent oil pressure through the assembly operation.

If you’re that far into it, you might want to look at increasing camshaft lift for performance but then you’re going to need to upgrade the weak and high tolerance valve assembly. More power with increased robustness is what this SBE needs to see 300k miles.
Light Automotive tire Wood Household hardware Fastener

Gear Bicycle part Font Gas Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simplifying a mechanical operation is never going to hurt a FMEA.

MDS delete removes having dual camshaft profiles, eliminates 8 MDS lifters & 4 solenoids, and allows consistent oil pressure through the assembly operation.

If you’re that far into it, you might want to look at increasing camshaft lift for performance but then you’re going to need to upgrade the weak and high tolerance valve assembly. More power with increased robustness is what this SBE needs to see 300k miles.
View attachment 139812
View attachment 139813
So what are you recommending? What parts? What brands? Could you help me with a complete list?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'll let you research a camshaft swap to tailor your needs, it is essentially a brain transplant for the pump and should be treated as so.

That being said, on a time crunch an MDS delete is what I recommend. Replace with 05038784AD lifters, non-MDS camshaft, and tune out the solenoids.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll let you research a camshaft swap to tailor your needs, it is essentially a brain transplant for the pump and should be treated as so.

That being said, on a time crunch an MDS delete is what I recommend. Replace with 05038784AD lifters, non-MDS camshaft, and tune out the solenoids.
I’m looking for a cam that’s a lil more lopey than stock but won’t affect city driving. Would like to see this 5.7 preform like it should.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Get in touch with Jay Greene @ Greene Racing on facebook. For a choppy idle you'll either need a dedicated tune with the modern VVT Hemi or a phase limiter with lobe seperation.

He offers Low Lift and High lift "Thump" options depending on your power needs that will retain daily drivability and gain power throughout.

I run a high lift thump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts