DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Im having an issue with the locks on my 2015 Ram 1500 Tradesman. I have tried to use the power lock switch on both the driver and passenger sides and cannot get them to work.

I tried a little troubleshooting and internet searches, but before I start tearing apart the truck, I noticed every time the truck starts driving and the auto lock feature engages there is a clicking noise under the driver side dash near the emergency brake pedal. I can make that sound happen any time I hit both the driver and passenger switch. I have no key FOB so this makes it a little harder to determine if it is a simple fix

Since I am new to this vehicle and haven't seen this clicking issue in the forums, I just wanted to see if I was missing something before I got into replacing the switches, the actuators or wiring (the three common answers to lock issues).

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
The module you speak of down by the brake pedal is the BCM (body control module) and it does indeed control the locks.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
I have not looked at the Tradesman & i am half asleep

What method do you use to enter the locked truck ?
What method do you use to start the truck ?
Do Tradesman Rams usually have FOBs ?

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Do the Tradesman Rams come with a FOB when new ?

If they do, is it a 3 or 4 button FOB ?
Does the Panic button work ?

You can check the pins on the door Master Switch to do a simple check to see if it is that switch causing your issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB8k0ajS6Po

·
Registered
22 Posts
So did you figure it out? I have the same problem that started today. The truck sat for about a month before this week, and I wonder if something corroded. I hear the click, but there is no movement on the lock...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts