DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck has been at the dealership for 2 1/2 months waiting on OEM lifters but they said there are 11,000 back orders!!!! WTF this should be a recall if that many engines need lifters!! They also had to put a new cam in the engine at only 112k miles so that seems odd too me. My after market warranty paid 5k to have new cam and lifters installed and they put in aftermarket lifters in the first time after it sitting there for a month and then i picked it back up and when i got it home it was ticking very loud and i took it back the next day and they opened it back up and said the new lifters were bad. I contacted Chrysler last week too see about speeding this along and they said they would call me the next day but i have not heard back yet and I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems and how can I speed this along. It has been there for going on 4 months total now!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sorry about your problems, this gotta suck !
It seems the FCA has a big problem with the lifters, as in a HUGE problem. I thought it was just the 5.7 Hemi, but probably it is more widespread than initially thought, since 11.000 are on back-order !
You kinda fit in with this thread, I did read all the pages, they are all exactly the same:

https://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=188978

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll be going in for my second set which will technically be the third set considering the originals were ripped out before, tomorrow morning.

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
I'll be going in for my second set which will technically be the third set considering the originals were ripped out before, tomorrow morning.

Different deal on an overhead cam engine. Heads don't have to come off to replace lifters

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my truck has been at the dealership for 2 1/2 months waiting on OEM lifters but they said there are 11,000 back orders!!!! WTF this should be a recall if that many engines need lifters!! They also had to put a new cam in the engine at only 112k miles so that seems odd too me. My after market warranty paid 5k to have new cam and lifters installed and they put in aftermarket lifters in the first time after it sitting there for a month and then i picked it back up and when i got it home it was ticking very loud and i took it back the next day and they opened it back up and said the new lifters were bad. I contacted Chrysler last week too see about speeding this along and they said they would call me the next day but i have not heard back yet and I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems and how can I speed this along. It has been there for going on 4 months total now!!!
Good luck! I have been back and forth with everyone for customer service to dealerships. My truck has been down for a year just received new lifters thru enginetech. I never been more disappointed in a truck before or custom care. Long story short told by customer service to go to the dealership and place an order they will expedite with my order number only none of the 5 dealerships could place an order because of the back order I was told they could do nothing for me without an order number. I also had this truck in for service before warranty was out they told me it was an exhaust leak when clearly it was the lifters going out but didn’t code yet. I couldn’t be more disappointed in anything I bought from dodge before and the treatment I received being a MOPAR family all my life. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts