DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at adding the MOPAR steering wheel audio controls to work with the JVC headunit Ive installed.

I see on Crutchfield a handful of interfaces or adapters that go between the buttons and the HU but I also saw a comment on one of the interfaces by a RAM owner who said it didnt work with his setup.

Anyone done this and have an interface recommendation?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I haven't tried to hook up an aftermarket head unit to my truck yet, but from what I've heard so far it's that there are two idatalink adapters need to get the buttons to work.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
The Pac Audio radio pro interfaces come pre-programmed for the vehicle, so this should work great. It's what we normally use.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/radio-replacement/rp4-ch21

We've installed the steering wheel kit from Infotainment before. A pain to get the air bag out, but after that it was easy, plug n play, and worked. So I don't think you should have any issues with your JVC.
Do you need a windows machine to set that adapter up or can you use a Mac?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Neither. The Pac interfaces don't need a computer to program. Set the dial on the side for the type of radio you have, plug it and turn on the key for it to learn. You're all set. I very rarely have to do any other programming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts