DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the truck new and now have 35,000 miles on it. The truck is a 4-wheel drive. We use the truck mostly from December through April pulling our fifth-wheel trailer and driving the truck while traveling.
When hook-up to the trailer's electrical plug-in, the low tire sensor comes on. This may happen after one day pulling the trailer and then stays on for a two or two until the truck is disconnected from the trailer. This has been a problem since new. The dealer says there is nothing wrong and I should bring it in when the light is on. Hard to do. Has anyone else have this problem. This trip returning home from Arizona, the light came on the second-day driving and went off again the three days. I never disconnect the plug from the trailer and went off by itself. Does anyone have a suggestion of what could be cause the light to come on? My tire pressure is fine.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I purchased the truck new and now have 35,000 miles on it. The truck is a 4-wheel drive. We use the truck mostly from December through April pulling our fifth-wheel trailer and driving the truck while traveling.
When hook-up to the trailer's electrical plug-in, the low tire sensor comes on. This may happen after one day pulling the trailer and then stays on for a two or two until the truck is disconnected from the trailer. This has been a problem since new. The dealer says there is nothing wrong and I should bring it in when the light is on. Hard to do. Has anyone else have this problem. This trip returning home from Arizona, the light came on the second-day driving and went off again the three days. I never disconnect the plug from the trailer and went off by itself. Does anyone have a suggestion of what could be cause the light to come on? My tire pressure is fine.
Hi @pinetr5000 - I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with additional assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts