DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!
I have done a search on the site and didn't really see an answer to my issue, so here goes.
2016 RAM 1500 Express - The power outlet on the console under the shifter (that looks like a cigarette lighter) doesn't have any power to it. I've pulled the plug out of the console and put a multimeter on it with the switch on and I'm not getting any voltage. I disconnected the outlet from the cable and there was no voltage coming from the connector either. So, my question now is where does that cable go? It looks like it goes upward, but I can't be sure. The two USB ports and the additional outlet in the center console work, this is the only one not working. All the fuses are good inside the fuse block under the hood.

Any advice is welcome on how to troubleshoot the issue and get my accessories working again.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
34,428 Posts
You're not getting any current to it with the truck off, with the truck on, or with the key in the "run" or "acc" position? Or is it all 4? That outlet only gets power when the ignition is on, which is why it has the little key picture on the cover, if it was always hot it'd have a picture of a car battery.

It could also be a fuse, your manual will tell you which one to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're not getting any current to it with the truck off, with the truck on, or with the key in the "run" or "acc" position? Or is it all 4? That outlet only gets power when the ignition is on, which is why it has the little key picture on the cover, if it was always hot it'd have a picture of a car battery.

It could also be a fuse, your manual will tell you which one to check.
With the key in the 'run' or 'acc' position, there is no power to the port. I'll check the manual again tonight to see if I'm missing a fuse somewhere else. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
fuse is under the hood, i think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts