DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Express, 4WD, 5.7
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roughly two weeks ago the front power windows stopped working (the rear still works) and the ambient temperature started showing 170, 175, or 185. I've noticed the windows do work if the ambient temp displays < 178 (I've seen 176 and 177 and the windows worked then). I can't tell you what order these issues first appeared but they were definitely right there around each other.

I found info about the Power Window Circuit Breaker as a possible issue but wasn't able to find any info on where that is other than on older models where it's tucked under the dash. I've looked all over but haven't seen anything that looked like examples in the older trucks. I did find CB1 (circuit breaker 1? it's big) in the fuse box. I pulled that out and the rear windows stopped working. I don't know if CB1 is only for the rear and I still need to find one for the front or if that is for both and the problem is something else.

I haven't found anything about the ambient temperature behaving the way it is for me. I'm hopeful someone has an idea what causes that and through that diagnosis, I'll find a solution for the power windows, too.

Hmm, what else can I include that would be helpful? Let me know! And thanks in advance for any support.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jim
Did you find the problem ?

my truck 2018 ram 1500
my front windows driver and passenger wont work from the drivers door switch also power door locks wont work and my ambient temperature shows -40 degrees.
I have replaced the temp sensor and the driver door module with no luck

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Express, 4WD, 5.7
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't found the problem yet, but now have an appointment at my local dealer to find out (Dec 14). I'll report back what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts