DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, yesterday I was trying to replace my halogen headlight bulbs for LED ones, and while pulling out the headlight assembly I dropped it and the locking key on one of the lights broke so now I have to get a whole new housing. I don't have a lot of money, but moreso am worried about ordering the wrong one. I was hoping to get an LED setup, but i know that it can get expensive. I have been looking on amazon, but am worried about buying online. Does anyone know the correct specs (could not find specs for housing in owners mannuel) or of a good brand or link that can help me out? I would be very appreciative, and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,461 Posts
Good morning @Pip777 & welcome to Ramforumz! Before ordering one off the internet, I would look through a few salvage yards in your area. It might save you a buck or two?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, Tred has a great idea. Here is another idea, DO NOT put LEDs in housings that have a halogen reflector, because it will blind every single car you pass, it is annoying and it is not safe.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Yes, Tred has a great idea. Here is another idea, DO NOT put LEDs in housings that have a halogen reflector, because it will blind every single car you pass, it is annoying and it is not safe.
How do you figure out whether or not you have halogen. I have a 2016 1500 Laramie Longhorn with projection headlights.
Mine are somewhat dim compared to other vehicles, and slightly more to the yellow side of the spectrum.
Have considered LED replacements.
Thoughts, anyone?
Appreciate your time and assistance.
Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
How do you figure out whether or not you have halogen. I have a 2016 1500 Laramie Longhorn with projection headlights.
Mine are somewhat dim compared to other vehicles, and slightly more to the yellow side of the spectrum.
Have considered LED replacements.
Thoughts, anyone?
Appreciate your time and assistance.
Thanks
Dave
You have halogen if the bulbs are stock. Upgrade to a quality LED bulb in the 5000-6000k range. I use Diode Dynamics They have good bulbs with a 3 year replacement warranty. Since you have the projectors LED won't blind other driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts