DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2016 has a bump when coming to a complete stop from 2nd to 1st gear. I have all the recent updates from the dealer just done and it's still the same.
I have a 2016 Big Horn with the 8 speed transmission. I just brought mine in for the same issue, they replaced the valve body. We'll see if this solves the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a used 2016 Ram Big Horn from a Ram dealership with 77000 miles on it. During the test drive I noticed the lurch from 2-1 but thought it was a brake issue. I reported it to the salesman at the time of purchase. He stated since it's certified they went through the truck with a fine tooth comb and fixed everything including puting new brakes on it. After 3 weeks of driving the "lurch" was making me nuts. So I made an appointment and brought it in to the dealership I bought it from. I'll be honest I expected a bunch of runaround and bs. To my surprise they called me and said they were replacing the valve body and they would need to get approval from Chrysler and would have to keep it over night. They put me in a loaner and told me they would call me when it was done. So the next day I get a call, they valve body didn't work and they are now replacing my entire transmission. I'll be honest they have been incredible through this whole ordeal. Rather than give me the truck back after replacing the valve body they actually went the extra mile to make sure it was right and took the next steps to resolve the issue. I'm looking forward to getting my truck back and I'm thankful for a great service experience at my local Ram dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 Big Horn with the 8 speed transmission. I just brought mine in for the same issue, they replaced the valve body. We'll see if this solves the issue.
Well to follow up the valve body did not work and they are now replacing the entire transmission...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, after the valve body didn't work they replaced my transmission. It still does it every once in a great while but overall it's a huge improvement. Our of curiosity what gears do you have?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts