DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hell started back in February, when I signed all the papers, gave my down payment, and THEN the sales guy said he couldn't deliver my new 1500 because it had a 'brake recall problem.' WTF??!!

For the last six and a half months, absolutely everybody at the dealer (Clear Lake Dodge south of Houston) and Chrysler up in Michigan have bowed up, hunkered down, and hoped I would go away.

Less than 4,000 miles, nine trips to the dealer and four loaner cars later, the ABS, traction, cruise control still light up and do not function.

I now know almost everything there is to know about Texas' Lemon Law. I paid my $35 hearing fee and hope to be out of this pinched wiring harness nightmare in the next 60-90 days.

I am willing to share all gory details and provide Lemon advice to spare other folks the grief I've been through.

Seriously, the only thing that has kept me from going postal is Michelle, the dealer's truly sweet loaner lady.

Tom

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
There is no RECALL for 2016 Ram 1500 Brakes

active Recalls

2016 Ram 1500 4X4s , ... The front halfshafts may have been incorrectly manufactured causing them to fracture without warning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mopar Canvas Seat Covers impede the seat airbags from deploying
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electric Power Steering (EPS) control circuit board may cause a short and result in the loss of power steering assist
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Ram 1500 trucks with a 5.7L engine and dual exhaust manufactured August 3, 2015, to August 10, 2015. The affected vehicles may be missing a heat shield for the spare tire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trucks manufactured June 17, 2015, to September 28, 2015. The affected vehicles may have been built with rear axles that were incorrectly heat treated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
====================================================
Complaints Filed by individuals, they are only complaints

Headlight condensation, i guess they still have not figured out that the headlight vents are not adjusted correctly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission shudder or slip when going from Park to Reverse & visa versa
Climate Control changing mode by itself
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UNDER Complaints, people have written to NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Assn.

Date Complaint Filed: 09/15/2016
Date of Incident: 09/14/2016
Component(s): SERVICE BRAKES
NHTSA ID Number: 10906787
Consumer Location: FORT ANN, NY
All Products Associated with this Complaint expand
Details close
help
0 Available Documents

Crash:No Fire:No Number of Injuries:0 Number of Deaths:0

Manufacturer: Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 3C6RR7LT1GG...
SUMMARY:
TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2016 RAM 1500. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE BRAKE SYSTEM FAILED. WHILE PARKING THE VEHICLE, THE BRAKE PEDAL STUCK TO THE FLOORBOARD. THE CONTACT INSPECTED THE VEHICLE AND FOUND BRAKE FLUID ON THE GROUND. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT DIAGNOSED OR REPAIRED. THE MANUFACTURER WAS NOT NOTIFIED. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 900.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another complaint about Brakes was a rear brake line failed

Another complaint was that Trailer Brake Controller failed

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good greif. I've had a problem with a gas cap issue with my wife's 2016 chrome causing a check light to turn off and on but what you're describing sounds downright frustrating. It's never a good feeling when you buy something and it's all messed up, knowing you've got all kinds of money/credit wrapped up in it. Hope you win the lemon law case. Keep us updated please.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I feel bad for you.That is a really bad experience. I wish you luck and hope your dealer will step it up for you.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I feel your pain. I just turned over 12,000 miles on my truck, and it has a TPMS light (flashes 60 seconds and stays on), a check engine light, two weeks after the check engine light came on, the fuel gauge quit working, so I'm not sure they're related, the factory spray in bed liner is coming out in chunks, the air suspension sits 1.5" lower on one side than the other in all settings, the passenger door has HORRIBLE wind noise.....

This is my 3rd new dodge/FCA truck, and I had really hoped the quality had improved in these 4th gen trucks, but sadly in my experience, they have not. It's the same poor fit and finish as I've always seen with their products, and it's disappointing because I really really like this truck. It's going to the dealership on Thursday, and I'll give them chance to fix the truck, but in my previous experience with this brand, these little nuisance issues will be ongoing throughout the life of the truck. If that's the case, I'll be done with Ram forever.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thats about how I feel. This is my first RAM, has a bunch of issues and has been to the dealership twice in the first 2 weeks that I've owned it. Both times nothing has been done, apparently a door seal is on order and they're waiting for chrysler to approve replacement of the window glass, but its been 2 weeks since that visit how long does that take?

On top of that none of the bigger issues have been resolved, I've just been told oh thats normal, pretty disappointing coming from a dealership that just took $60k of my money the week before.

I guess I'll schedule it in with another dealership and see if they can get it resolved, probably place a call to RAM as well and voice my dissatisfaction. Its too bad because I actually really like the truck but if this keeps going on it will be my last FCA product.

I'm surprised theres no social media people from RAM on this forum...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Seems all "most all" makes of cars and trucks these days have issues due to mostly electronics. IMO, manufacturers won't have it down to a non issue for some years to come.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Seems all "most all" makes of cars and trucks these days have issues due to mostly electronics. IMO, manufacturers won't have it down to a non issue for some years to come.
And by the time they start narrowing it down and fixing every single possible issue, its time for a new body style/electronics/refresh.
:LOL:

I've only had the CEL on once on this truck, and it was the loose gas cap code. However, in my case, it was because I chose to put gas in the tank with the engine running. Cleared it, and it hasn't come back since.

Every brand will have its lemons and poorly built percentages, especially with the unions not letting anyone get fired (not an anti-union comment, just an anti-policy comment). I know some guys who've hated their Fords for very similar comments by some of the guys above, many guys who've hate their Chevys, and yes, even the "super reliable" :gross: Tundras.

Sorry that you guys got the bad apples, and I wouldn't blame you for switching brands after that bad taste. However, I bet that if you bought another Ram with identical features, you'd have far less issues. Although it does happen, lightning striking the same guy twice is very rare.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
And by the time they start narrowing it down and fixing every single possible issue, its time for a new body style/electronics/refresh.

I've only had the CEL on once on this truck, and it was the loose gas cap code. However, in my case, it was because I chose to put gas in the tank with the engine running. Cleared it, and it hasn't come back since.

Every brand will have its lemons and poorly built percentages, especially with the unions not letting anyone get fired (not an anti-union comment, just an anti-policy comment). I know some guys who've hated their Fords for very similar comments by some of the guys above, many guys who've hate their Chevys, and yes, even the "super reliable" :gross: Tundras.

Sorry that you guys got the bad apples, and I wouldn't blame you for switching brands after that bad taste. However, I bet that if you bought another Ram with identical features, you'd have far less issues. Although it does happen, lightning striking the same guy twice is very rare.
I agree with everything you said, GM's are a total no go for me and I know for a fact that they are having a lot of issues with their new body style. Toyota and Nissan I also won't consider at all, for me it was between the F150 and the Ram, I love my truck besides the issues, I'm not impressed with how they're being handled but right now it's just at the dealership level. I'm going to drive it for another month then make an appt with a different dealership to get it looked at.

If it came down to it and this truck doesn't get fixed and I do manage to force a buy back I would still be between the Ram and F150, I would just try to get each one for a 24 hour test drive and really go over each one before purchase.

I just hope it doesn't get to that point...

·
Registered
998 Posts

Well, lightning has struck me thrice. I guess I'm bad luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Apparently getting a bad or problematic automobile triggers this unstoppable need of running to the nearest computer, log into a forum dedicated to said automobile and start a thread to attack and rant about it. Funny how the other customers enjoying their trucks do not seem compelled to do the same but in a positive way. Guess that is the human condition. Im glad mine has been working flawlessly. Hope it continues to do so.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
sorry for all you guys with the 2016 rams who whould think i dont get it these trucks aint cheap and there still the 4th generation rams you whould think they whould all top of the line giving it good to gm and ford while they have there problems

·
Registered
998 Posts
Apparently getting a bad or problematic automobile triggers this unstoppable need of running to the nearest computer, log into a forum dedicated to said automobile and start a thread to attack and rant about it. Funny how the other customers enjoying their trucks do not seem compelled to do the same but in a positive way. Guess that is the human condition. Im glad mine has been working flawlessly. Hope it continues to do so.
Mine has been having issues for 4 months, and this is my first mention about it, not to mention I've never mentioned the other 2, so apparently your conclusion isn't 100% accurate. Best of luck in your continuation of flawlessness.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah I mean why post about it and see if they're common issues with easy fixes, or to get information if others have had the same issues. Better to just sit in silence and believe everything the dealers tell you. :LOL:

I'd also refer you to the I'm loving my Ram thread right below this one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts