DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel and am experiencing a problem with rough downshifting. It mainly only happens on a 8 to 7 down shift at lower RPMs. When the truck starts to lug alittle and I ease on the throttle it will shift down hard. I’ve even trying different scenarios to try to figure out the problem. It does not appear to happen if I have the truck in Cruise Control and I let the truck do the thinking. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel and am experiencing a problem with rough downshifting. It mainly only happens on a 8 to 7 down shift at lower RPMs. When the truck starts to lug alittle and I ease on the throttle it will shift down hard. I’ve even trying different scenarios to try to figure out the problem. It does not appear to happen if I have the truck in Cruise Control and I let the truck do the thinking. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks in advanced!
Try and see if the dealer can tune the trans to shift at a different rpm A few more rpm more or less seems to make a difference.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi Treverj,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing! If you work with your dealer to address this, I kindly recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You can find their info by visiting Contacts | FCA Group and scrolling to the Canada tab.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts