DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ram 15oo 2016 model I’ve been having trouble with the transmission when you go to pass someone it kicks down to six gear and slips out truck makes real hard jolt Took it into Dodge with 45,000 miles on it they’ve had it for two weeks they call me and tell me it’s gonna need a transmission cause I found stuff in the pan then they call me back and tell me my trucks ready they did not put a transmission in it but they had the wrong truck that they were talking about that Dodge had them do a update on the transmission and everything is fine I really hope they’re right but for some reason I feel like I’m getting the runaround

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a ram 15oo 2016 model I’ve been having trouble with the transmission when you go to pass someone it kicks down to six gear and slips out truck makes real hard jolt Took it into Dodge with 45,000 miles on it they’ve had it for two weeks they call me and tell me it’s gonna need a transmission cause I found stuff in the pan then they call me back and tell me my trucks ready they did not put a transmission in it but they had the wrong truck that they were talking about that Dodge had them do a update on the transmission and everything is fine I really hope they’re right but for some reason I feel like I’m getting the runaround
Maybe the computer just needed an update on the shift parameters. I've heard something about this from other guys.
Go pick it up and give it a good rip, see what happens.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
412 Posts
Try it out around the block near the dealership. Gun it a few times. If same problem...bring it right back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked it up still doing same thing was told I was driving the truck too hard lol what a cop out

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
412 Posts
Picked it up still doing same thing was told I was driving the truck too hard lol what a cop out
Too hard? What are your RPMs when you accelerate, like to pass someone? If you're red-lining it then yea I could see that lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts