DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5161 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Greetings all,

If you have questions about the status of your order, let me know. I need the Vehicle Order Number (VON) or last 8 of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The VON is an 8 digit number. The last 8 of the VIN will start with "G" as in GS123456 or GG123456.

Helpful Links
Status Codes Explained
Assembly, The Body Vendor and You
All About Shipping

Build Sheet (Available about 24 hours after the truck is built and in shipping status): Build Sheet Requests

Window Sticker (Available about 48 hours after the truck is built and in shipping status): http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin= (Add your full, upper case VIN after the equals sign).

Topics I can't/won't answer
Dealer related issues: This covers pricing and issues you have with dealers. Pricing a touchy subject for numerous reasons and I can't answer what a good price is, what the invoice is or anything else. If you have an issue with a dealer, call customer service and fill out the surveys if you receive them.
Future Products: Because I love my job, I will not talk about them as that is a bright line rule around here.

Standard Disclaimers
All dates, times, and locations are estimated. The build date is usually accurate to that date plus or minus 24 hours but it is still just an estimate and could change. Estimated shipping date is not the date the truck will ship to you but the date it is estimated to be available to be shipped and most likely will change. See the links below for more details.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
When i saw the Pre-Orders for the 2016 HD Rams mentioned, i knew another year had come & gone

SPP must have been watching the same thing, as he was the first person to post a new thread in this section :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
When is the first 2016 orders available

When is the first date for ordering 2016 Laramie limited eco diesel? Unfortunately my custom ordered 2014 Laramie Hemi has spent 20 days plus in the shop replacing engine, heads, sunroof, transmission issues, electrical , etc. etc. I might be crazy considering another Ram

·
Registered
325 Posts
this is kinda of my problem. I want the limited with all the same stuff as my Laramie. Rambox, sunroof, lsd, 3.92, air suspension. Pretty well most of the options ticked but with regular mirrors. Not sure if the 2016 Laramie limited will be available with body colour matched bumpers or will have the option like in the 2015 to go chrome our body colour. All the 2016 information seems to show the new Limited with the new grille and tailgate but they seem to have it with the chrome bumpers.
Unfortunately they havent corrected the sunroof issue and the noise problem from the replacement short block. In fact they introduced a idle rpm shake that it never had before the short block replacement. So the heads (one side) was on back order. Perhaps this will fix the idle rpm shake but who knows at this point.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
There are 2 ways to order a new Ram
Fleet Ordering, ( usually this is a multi vehicle order, like for Town, City, State & Federal Gov't Agencies & Leasing or Rental companies )
then there is ordering through a local Dealership

The dates may be different for placing orders ..

Fleet Ordering for the 2016 Ram 1500 Quad & Crew cabs is set for July 20th
Dealerships Ordering date may be different

As far as all of the rest of the 2016 Ram models, built in Saltillo Mexico
The Fleet Ordering date is set for June 15th
Some dealerships are already taking orders

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Man, 2 years and 11 days after I bought my 2013 and she's already about to be 3 model years old. She sure is aging well.

Excited to see all the new 2016 owners and what they are getting on their trucks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm ordering a 2016 3500 ( SRW ) as soon as they let you build & price.

There's no turning back, I sold my truck today.

Guess I'll be motorcycling it for the next 3 months.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
you can place a Pre-Order for the 2016 Ram 2500 - 5500 & the 1500 Standard Cab trucks now
on June 15th is the official Ordering date

Production for the above vehicles begins on July 20th 2015

============================================

The 1500 Quad & Crew cabs will take orders about July 20th
Production begins August 24th

·
Registered
255 Posts
you can place a Pre-Order for the 2016 Ram 2500 - 5500 & the 1500 Standard Cab trucks now
on June 15th is the official Ordering date

Production for the above vehicles begins on July 20th 2015
Nobody is able to give me any pricing. How do I know which dealer is going to give me the best price to give them a pre-order ?
Everyone I talked to said we need to wait for the building and pricing, so what would be the sense of pre-ordering with someone I might no be buying the truck from ?

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
You could go into a dealership & sit in front of the ordering computer
fill out the ordering form, have them print it out for you & tell them to give you a email or phone call when the prices come in

Then take that same ordering form that you filled out to another dealership & tell them that is what you want & tell them to call you when they receive the prices

They will both know that you are price shopping & it will work in your favor :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
You could go into a dealership & sit in front of the ordering computer
fill out the ordering form, have them print it out for you & tell them to give you a email or phone call when the prices come in

Then take that same ordering form that you filled out to another dealership & tell them that is what you want & tell them to call you when they receive the prices

They will both know that you are price shopping & it will work in your favor :)
That is my plan, just every dealer so far has said that they can not build a 2016 yet till they know what all the options the 2016 will have.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I built my Ram today, what are the chances of getting incentives on the 2016 when the get to the dealers ?

·
Banned
186 Posts
I built my Ram today, what are the chances of getting incentives on the 2016 when the get to the dealers ?
I would say its very likely there will be incentives when you get it. Probably $2000-$5000 worth, not the $10k you see on leftovers though.

The price you should pay is invoice - incentives - (hold back at a lot of dealers if you go through fleet manager). You can also get a treadlightly membership to save you 1% off invoice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well its ordered.
MSRP of $53,455 and got it for $47,900 + any incentives that maybe available at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I've trolled this sight long enough.
I've owned a 2010 Sport and currently own a 2014 1500 Limited.
I ordered my new truck on May 22. 2016 2500 Limited Mega Cab, 6'4" bed with 6.4 liter hemi and 4.10 rear and color matching bumpers. VON# 34225287. It is scheduled as a sold order with building priority 99.
I have already received email confirmation that build should begin in August with delivery in September.

1 - 20 of 5161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.