DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at what HP gains I would get with the HemiFever trinity ECU swap, Vararam intake with Moes Throttle body and 18" Mufflex exhaust . Originally I wanted a supercharger but will be towing a 20"toy hauler 2 or 3 times a month and think the bolt on's will be more durable . I have the 5.7 8 speed with 3:21 gears BTW. I just wanted the truck to be a bit of a sleeper as lots of diesel trucks around here that think they have the fastest trucks this side of the Mississippi lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I know no one responded so I will do my own testing and put up results. First up I ordered from Moe's the S&B Intake and 18" mufflex , the tuner is a bit of change and with my luck I will pony up and 1 week later someone will crack the ecu and flash it for the normal price but in the mean time I will order the TB next week. Going to the dyno in 2 weeks or so

·
Registered
46 Posts
well I know no one responded so I will do my own testing and put up results. First up I ordered from Moe's the S&B Intake and 18" mufflex , the tuner is a bit of change and with my luck I will pony up and 1 week later someone will crack the ecu and flash it for the normal price but in the mean time I will order the TB next week. Going to the dyno in 2 weeks or so
let us know how the truck responds. Im looking at S&B intake and a mufflex 24. I'm also gonna need to swap out my open deff for a Mopar LSD from Moes. :smileup:

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Looking at what HP gains I would get with the HemiFever trinity ECU swap, Vararam intake with Moes Throttle body and 18" Mufflex exhaust . Originally I wanted a supercharger but will be towing a 20"toy hauler 2 or 3 times a month and think the bolt on's will be more durable . I have the 5.7 8 speed with 3:21 gears BTW. I just wanted the truck to be a bit of a sleeper as lots of diesel trucks around here that think they have the fastest trucks this side of the Mississippi lol
How much does your trailer weigh? My trailer is 7000 lbs and my truck stick has no trouble pulling it in the Sierra Nevadas. I've got the same transmission and gears too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep us posted, as I had the same question as you did.

I've got a '15 that has a factory setup exactly as yours, and I added Moe's 87mm ported TB, a Vararam intake, and a Magnaflow full catback exhaust with an opened up custom fabbed y-pipe.

I got a noticeable kick in the butt dyno when I installed all those mods in the same weekend a year ago, and it sounds awesome, but I have been considering getting the Hemifever tuner package from Moe's with the new ECU.

I'd love to know what you learn if you get the tune.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 2015 RCSB with 18 mufflex and S&B CAI only and I have noticed better throttle response and much nicer sound. My truck has same drive train as you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the trailer is 6500lbs livin lite , just installed the S&B intake and it did add hp as the truck pulls harder now . the Exhaust came in today and will install tomorrow and go to the dyno on the week end

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
installed the mufflex 18 today and it has a great sound to it but I wish I got the 14

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
catch can now installed I will update pics tomorrow , Moes 5" tips arrive tomorrow also cant wait
mod list so far

S&B intake
Mufflex 18"
UPR catch can
5" Moe's tips (incoming )

future: Longtube headers, Y pipe , Hemifever tune, 180 thermostat , Procharger

·
Registered
349 Posts
catch can now installed I will update pics tomorrow , Moes 5" tips arrive tomorrow also cant wait
mod list so far

S&B intake
Mufflex 18"
UPR catch can
5" Moe's tips (incoming )

future: Longtube headers, Y pipe , Hemifever tune, 180 thermostat , Procharger
Go with these two next, that's where you'll feel your biggest gain, especially top end. I only went with shorties and I could definitely feel a difference. Once you've done those then go with the tune...otherwise you'll have to pay to have it retuned again when you add those mods later.

A ported throttle body will make a difference too. It wasn't as night and day as the headers, but it did make part throttle acceleration seem easier. The truck doesn't need to drop to the next gear anymore just to get up to the power band when giving it 1/2-3/4 throttle.

My guess is with all those together (including headers and tune) you'll pick up 20-40 WHP. I could have told you exactly, but my shop's dyno was broken so they couldn't dyno mine before the mods. I had to come back a couple weeks after install to get it dynoed and tuned.

Now throw that supercharger on and you're talking about a whole 'nother level :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Matt from Moes is amazing. Im lucky enough to live just about 5 miles from him.

I bought a throttle body, catch can, long tube headers, borla catback, 3.92 gears, and 5" tips from him. Got a vararam CAI from a dude who was selling his truck.

Matts work ethic is 2nd to none, and his Dad is cool as hell too.

My truck ( 2015 1500) growls, and just gets up and goes like no stock 1500 can.

Im plenty happy with just bolt ons. Although, I would love a custom tune:smileup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you ever get that into the dyno?
I just installed stainless works headers (1 7/8") and 3" dual exhaust with x pipe from them. And installed.
Planning on tuning from a local dyno shop that does new dodges alot. When I called the guy said he would expect 40hp gain about.
I think it feels faster but sounds so good and so much louder it's hard to tell, hah
U have to do the long tube headers I recommend stainless works. They have bolt on exhaust kit

·
Registered
254 Posts
I made the mistake of not doing a baseline dyno pull before I started modding. It made 320rwhp on a mustang dyno. That was with a CAI, mufflex muffler delete, 180 t-stat, 93 octane hemifever tune and catch can. If you can find out what a stock one dynos at you can probably get a rough estimate. It won't be exact because it will be from a different dyno under different conditions but it will give you an idea. I got tired of those coal rollers around my area as well so I did supercharge it! I know there are probably some smokers around that can outrun me, I just haven't came across yet! The charger gave me 110+ hp gain. Have fun with your trucks guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, a supercharger would be the cherry on top, what system did you go with and are you running stock 8 speed tranny?
I was looking at whipple 2.9l but I'm conceded it will blow the tranny out

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made the mistake of not doing a baseline dyno pull before I started modding. It made 320rwhp on a mustang dyno. That was with a CAI, mufflex muffler delete, 180 t-stat, 93 octane hemifever tune and catch can. If you can find out what a stock one dynos at you can probably get a rough estimate. It won't be exact because it will be from a different dyno under different conditions but it will give you an idea. I got tired of those coal rollers around my area as well so I did supercharge it! I know there are probably some smokers around that can outrun me, I just haven't came across yet! The charger gave me 110+ hp gain. Have fun with your trucks guys.
You made 320RWHP on a mustang dyno with just those mods!!! Holy crap!! Good pulls!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks BlueSport18. It was fun. This truck is fun. It was kind of funny the second time I went to the dyno, a decked out supercharged silver-ray-do was there but it only made 350hp. I don't know if his tune was off or what but mine put down 430hp on a very lenient pull. Ok, I kind of felt bad for the guy but not for very long! Lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts