DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my muffler with something a little louder. What is the inlet and outlet pipe size and what's a good replacement? 2017 1500 Lonestar 4x4

·
Registered
331 Posts
I replaced my boat anchor oem with mufflex 18" and love it. Its the perfect amount of growl for me. Im old, been there done that with loud exausts. Its a little loud on cold start but great in regular driving. Get on it and ITS A HEMI

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried the Mufflex DOD18M on my 2012 and really didn't notice that big of a difference. It was a little louder at higher RPMs but sounded stock at idle. However, at the time I was looking for something loud anyways. I ended up going with the Solo Performance muffler delete and loved the sound! I just picked up a new 2017 Big Horn 4wd and I am debating going back to Solo. All depends on how close your neighbors live haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm thinking about replacing my muffler with something a little louder. What is the inlet and outlet pipe size and what's a good replacement? 2017 1500 Lonestar 4x4
What makes a good replacement muffler is a highly subjective question. Everybody's hearing and exhaust preferences will vary from person to person. One suggestion is to give us a call at 707-544-4761 and speak with our Support Staff about which options may be best for your vehicle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Flowmaster 50 Hd did the trick for me.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Funny how all the replies back are from the Hemi owners. The Eco is a whole different exhaust system. With the SCR running the exhaust first, changing the muffler does nothing. You could put a straight pipe on and get no change. This from the guys who are all about the Eco on Ram1500diesel dot com.

·
Happy Ram - No more GM
2017 Silverado 1500 QC 4x4.
990 Posts
Hopping on here... quiet in the cab with a slight rumble, but no drone. Id keep the resonator, dont want obnoxious.

Which muffler?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts