DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What grille comes standard on the Laramie Longhorn? I am looking to order one, but I don't want the grille with the big RAM letters that comes standard with the Laramie Limited. I also don't want the RAM letters on the tailgate. I have seen 2017 Laramie Longhorns with both the RAM grille, and the standard chrome grille with the wave-perf inserts. See attached photos both of 2017 Laramie Longhorns.

If I build one on the Ram website, it shows the RAM grille. I don't see any way to build it with a different grille.

If I order a Longhorn, how do I make sure I get the standard chrome grille with the wave-perf inserts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
First off, before you go to the dealership

call the Receptionist & ask them to direct you to the someone in the Fleet/Internet Sales Team
Those sales people are usually always Senior Sales persons
They don't push you to buy something that you don't want

The Internet Sales people will ask you what YOU want in a Ram
You can do almost everything by Phone/Fax/ or Online, you can even make an appointment to sit down with them

Then they search for that vehicle at their & other dealerships in several States & when they find one that they believe meets most of your wants, they contact you to see if it fits your needs, if it does, then they try to get that vehicle delivered to them.
They can also factory order a Ram for you.

Most people go to the Showroom Sales Team & they can only sell you what is on their dealerships lot, they can't answer your questions with out running to the Sales Manager or the Assistant Sales Manager

If a Sales person does not have direct access to the DealerConnect website, you are talking to the wrong person, if they say they do & have to leave to speak to someone else, they don't have direct access

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I built my Longhorn on the Ram site it showed the +hair grill. I placed my order 1/24. I just pulled my build sheet, the truck was built last Saturday and it is coming with the RAM grill. A 2017.5 change for the Longhorn. At least the tailgate remained the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got lucky on the 2017 that I bought last week, it did NOT have the RAM grill. The dealer said it was supposed to come with one, but for some reason it came with the chrome mesh looking insert instead.

I am happy, I do not like the look of the big "RAM" on the front or rear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get the RAM grill then Ill swap you, even pay shipping both ways.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What grille comes standard on the Laramie Longhorn? I am looking to order one, but I don't want the grille with the big RAM letters that comes standard with the Laramie Limited. I also don't want the RAM letters on the tailgate. I have seen 2017 Laramie Longhorns with both the RAM grille, and the standard chrome grille with the wave-perf inserts. See attached photos both of 2017 Laramie Longhorns.

If I build one on the Ram website, it shows the RAM grille. I don't see any way to build it with a different grille.

If I order a Longhorn, how do I make sure I get the standard chrome grille with the wave-perf inserts?
I ordered my truck and is on the way and will come with the new RAM grille. I am having the dealer switch it out with the old Laramie Longhorn grille with the ram emblem. I don't like the new RAM grille.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lol, this one is up for grabs for one with RAM posted in the original post.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,442 Posts
I bought the new Limited grille when they first came out last year. Sold my Laramie grille for almost the same price. Love that grille. I bought the RAM lettering for the tailgate already installed the chrome molding. My body shop is going to cut out the indentation for the center badge and put new metal and paint it. I will install the Letters.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I didn't know the longhorns would come with the new grill when i ordered.. but its kind of growing on me. The old longhorn grill was the best looking tho out of the bighorn, laramie, limited grills

·
Registered
25 Posts
I may be unpopular for saying this but I like the new RAM grille. If I end up buying a ram it will likely be a Tradesman or SLT and I'd like to grille-swap it to something nicer looking. Not sure which grille I would choose yet. It would depend on the truck, but this one is on the list.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I may be unpopular for saying this but I like the new RAM grille. If I end up buying a ram it will likely be a Tradesman or SLT and I'd like to grille-swap it to something nicer looking. Not sure which grille I would choose yet. It would depend on the truck, but this one is on the list.
I like my Limited grille, at first I thought they looked terrible, I don't like the chrome, but some sanding, primer and paint will fix that. I have a plan, just need the paint and time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a Limited and love the new grill...I am not so fond of the tailgate badge though...at least in chrome. Not sure why they went so big with it...would look better if it was the size of say the GMC rear badge. I just ordered the RAM letters in black...I think it will tone it down nicely on a black truck and balance out the chrome trim and bumpers.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
There are so many grille choices & ways to mix & match them, that everyone should be able to make their Ram look good.

You are restricted by the outer surrounds shape

2009 - 2012 Ram 1500 lower corners have almost a 90° curvature, the upper part of the grille emblem has the same shape

the 2013 - 2017 Ram 1500 has the lower corners cut off

I did not try switching the valance between the bumper & the grille from early Gen 4 Rams & the newer ones,

the newer inserts looked to be shaped to the grille surround

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I don't like the Laramie Longhorn/"RAM" grille any more or less than some of the others. But I agree, I don't like the tailgate badging. I agree something smaller would be nice.

And true, mixing and matching should provide a lot of options for people.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is the grille my 2017 Longhorn came with.

I like it better than the new "RAM" grille, but I am still going to swap it out for an aftermarket black mesh grille to give it some attitude. ;-)

If I had bought the black or dark grey truck like I had originally planned, than I may have kept this grille with all the chrome, but I don't think the chrome goes well with a white truck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts