DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Canada.

I have a 2017 1500 with 50,000 km, and I've started noticing hundreds of tiny little rust spots everywhere.

I'm wondering what steps I need to take to ensure that if this is somehow going to be a massive issue ongoing, I get all my ducks in a row to make sure that it's covered by Chrysler. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Under bumper rust is bad, but I don't have mud flaps (bought some WeatherTech ones that were supposed to be laser designed to fit my truck, but they didn't so I returned them).

The other two pictures are of spots on my tailgate and my driver's side back seat door. These tiny spots are everywhere on both sides.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Only one picture showed up, the first one. It looks like you live on a gravel road. I do not know if Chrysler will cover that or not. I believe there has to be a hole through the metal for it to be warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. It does look like the two pictures didn't show up, but it's a white truck and the rust spots are pinhead small. Here's a couple more pictures to show with my finger for scale.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac
1,481 Posts
What you have is a strong case of "rail dust" which is most noticeable and common with white vehicles.

Did or do you park next to a railroad track often? It may be reversible as it's hard to tell from pictures on the severity, but it will take some elbow grease. The bottom of the bumper is from driving high speeds on pebble roads.

·
Registered
462 Posts
What you have is a strong case of "rail dust" which is most noticeable and common with white vehicles.

Did or do you park next to a railroad track often? It may be reversible as it's hard to tell from pictures on the severity, but it will take some elbow grease. The bottom of the bumper is from driving high speeds on pebble roads.
Used to get that a lot on vehicles that were shipped by rail but I thought the manufacturers were protecting them that these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts