DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RAM 2500 6.7L Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day driving my Ram in the rain I took a left turn at speed and I saw water running out of my passenger side pillar right at the grab handle! I think I may have it narrowed down to the clearance lights as 3 of 5 have moisture in them and I am seeing small cracks in the bodies. Is this normal for these trucks? This isn't that old yet to be doing this. Also ever since I bought the truck 1 1/2 years ago the overhead console lights don't work properly. The LED map lights will sometimes come on nice and bright and other times you can hardly tell it is on. This issue seems to switch sides too!?!? Are these known issues in these trucks? I love my Ram but I want it to work the way it was intended to ..... without the built in shower feature!

I am second owner and visiting with the owner of the store I bought it at (he looked up the history for me) the original owner complained about it leaking from day 1! I will get it figured out but appreciate your knowledge and feedback so thanks in advance! And if RamCares reads this...are these normal issues that I should live with or are there any bulletins on these that perhaps we might get help with?

Thanks all! Enjoy reading your comments and threads!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The LED map lights are a common problem. My truck does the same thing. I haven't seen the water leak from the clearance lights yet.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Being a limited, I'd say more of a chance that a sunroof drain is either clogged or not properly connected. The tube goes down the pillar and that is generally when the leak shows up. The 3rd brake light can also be an issue but that is in the rear so most likely would not leak down the front pillar. Be aware of that though if you ever see water under the rear seats.

I had the moisture in my cab lights. What happens is the factory tightens them too tight so they then get a hairline crack and allow moisture in the lens. Never had any water come into the cab though from them. Still say your issue is sunroof related.

·
Registered
2017 RAM 2500 6.7L Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being a limited, I'd say more of a chance that a sunroof drain is either clogged or not properly connected. The tube goes down the pillar and that is generally when the leak shows up. The 3rd brake light can also be an issue but that is in the rear so most likely would not leak down the front pillar. Be aware of that though if you ever see water under the rear seats.

I had the moisture in my cab lights. What happens is the factory tightens them too tight so they then get a hairline crack and allow moisture in the lens. Never had any water come into the cab though from them. Still say your issue is sunroof related.
Thank you for your reply. I wanted to clarify that I have a Limited with no sunroof. I have a Land Rover with sunroof system and I have to clean my drain tubes all the time or get wet carpet but my Ram only has lights up there!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Does it have the antenna on the roof, front drivers side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts