DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 85k miles on my Sport Crew cab. Its got the 5.7 Hemi and its the short box version. Wheels are 20". The rest is all stock OEM. NO Lift on it at all.

80% of the miles are interstate/highway. 10% gravel roads, 10% GNARLY roads. I was going to trade this in for a 2020 but decided to hang on to it, as I love it. I am NOT tech, mechanically inclined at all. I want to stick some $ into this to keep its off pavement handling/ride at the top of its game. Just put a set of Mud and Snow Toyos on it. I am taking it in soon for a front end alignment and suspension inspection at my local Les Schwabs. I think I will at the very least have the struts replaced, and probably looking at new rear shocks (Brand/ Model?) . I am not adverse to sticking $$ into it. Any brand recomendations or or suspension upgrades or maintenance ideas would be appreciated. I currently like the offroad ride, tho its not as smooth as my 2014 RAM that had 4 corner air.
One thing I WON'T do, is have it lifted. I am 64 and knees aren't great and have no interest in climbing in or out of a truck thats any higher off the ground has mine is now lol.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,173 Posts
Patience. Not every member is is an expert, nor are they capable of being on this forum 24/7. If a member has a correct or decent answer for you, they will answer. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts