DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck last September and noticed the rambox lids were out of alignment so the dealer replaced them. (And they did a fantastic job). Shortly after that the skins that are painted on the side started peeling off. They replace them again. Once again the skin began to peel off. They removed it to be painted stand area on both sides and replace the adhesive. After three days the skin started peeling again. I’m not upset, I’m not throwing a fit, I know this won’t help anything. But I did give the dealer and option that if they wanted to replace my bed with a standard bed and give me the difference in the price I would consider that. I’ll keep you posted on what we decide to do.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
I think I remember your other thread from a while back. Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Don't blame ya one bit on the offer for a standard bed at this point. Great idea too by the way. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sorry to hear about all of this. I've had my Ramboxes for a couple years now, and none of these issues. I love them. I hope your dealer makes it right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to pick up my truck from the dealer. As soon as the truck pulled in front of the service bay I noticed the passenger side box lid was misaligned. I told the service writer that it look like crap already so let’s go take a look. On further investigation the service writer was not happy and we proceeded to look inside. Come to find out the locking mechanism was put in backwards so to unlock it you had to lock the truck and vice versa. Next we noticed they did not replace the box just the lids. And on further inspection the passenger side lid where it is painted was already lifting as the adhesive was already failing. This is the fifth time and I’m going for a new truck bed. I will keep you guys informed.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 2500 bighorn with the ramboxes. The truck is black with the blackout package. I took the truck in starting February of 2018 (3 months after purchase) for the loose Rambox panel on the driver's side. I am now into 10 different trips to 2 different dealerships, over 20 months and they have yet to fix it. Multiple misorders, broken new parts, and unsuccessful fixes! I have been dealing with customer care at FCA who seem to actually care but can't seem to find a fix. I have now told them I'm done trying to give them a chance at a fix and they have sent me over to their arbitration. I'm in nearly 40 hours of time into this issue and over 500 miles on my vehicles in trips to and from the dealer. It's ridiculous, I'll let you know if they come up with a solution. As a related note, I bought the truck with the ramboxes as a priority, this being my second truck with ramboxes (my 2012 has had zero issues).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts