DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to update everyone on my latest experience with purchasing a Lifetime Max Care MOPAR Warranty Plan on 8 Aug 2018 for my 2018 Ram Rebel (6k miles). Plan purchased: LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE, Option Code: LWM100N

Here is the list of quotes I received while shopping around:

$4195 MOPAR Service Plans (1-866-224-4953)
$3331 Chrysler Warrantys (https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com)
$3110 Zeigler Auto Group (http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/)
$3045 Chrysler Warranty Direct (https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com)
$2795 Clay Robbins (https://www.robbinscdjrf.com)

I wrote Clay last night and he responded that night. I gave him the required information and he had the application e-mailed to me the next morning. Only a short bit later that day, my lifetime warranty was added to the MOPAR website. I couldn't be happier with my experience! Please contact him for quotes if you're looking to purchase this plan!

Clay Robbins
[email protected]
785-537-0357

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I can second this endorsement. I had almost exactly the same results with a very similar speedy turn around. I could not have been happier for the service. At least if I am going to be shelling out almost 3k for something I hope I don't use I want it to be as pleasant and simple as possible.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it will help others when deciding on purchasing this program. I purchased it thru my dealer when I bought my truck new and wish I would have thought to shop around a bit. Really didn't even know this was an option. Live and learn, it's only money, right? :doh:

·
Registered
665 Posts
ACTUALLY . . . .

You could have bought it for $2745 at Zeigler Auto Group

(http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/)

if you had used to the promo code that's been posted a while now on the forums........

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, You actually paid $50 MORE than you had to...but, hey, its your money!

I keep saying Zeigler will beat anyone else's prices, some people don't listen!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
In everyones defense, when I was calling/emailing around for my MaxCare quotes, the prices I was given (even by sellers on this forum) was NOT what people were reporting that they paid (on the forums).

Maybe I was supposed to go back and forth and negotiate, but when I called and dropped the "saw you on RamForumz with a Z", I kinda expected to get the best deal without having to haggle.

In the end, chryslerfactoryplans won out because the coupon code that was floating around the net dropped it to the cheapest price I could find AND I just purchased online. No haggling, forum name dropping, etc.

Not trying to push their site, just telling my story.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think I was the one who posted the latest promo code from Zeigler.
as far as I know, it does yield the best overall price... no calling, no emailing, no asking for the best price, all online, confirmed the next day, and contract sent in email. Pretty simple.

In everyones defense, when I was calling/emailing around for my MaxCare quotes, the prices I was given (even by sellers on this forum) was NOT what people were reporting that they paid (on the forums).

Maybe I was supposed to go back and forth and negotiate, but when I called and dropped the "saw you on RamForumz with a Z", I kinda expected to get the best deal without having to haggle.

In the end, chryslerfactoryplans won out because the coupon code that was floating around the net dropped it to the cheapest price I could find AND I just purchased online. No haggling, forum name dropping, etc.

Not trying to push their site, just telling my story.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just purchased a lifetime Mopar bumper to bumper $100 deductible from Zeigler for my daughter's 2016 Ram 1500 Hemi which we've owned since new, and the cost was $3060 after the discount but that is because the truck is over the 12 months/12000 miles so had the surcharge and also financed the deal for 12 months interest free. I could have saved about $365 if I purchased PAIDINFULL at the time of purchase but am a little short of funds so still feel I got a great deal. I've purchased from them in the past and could never find a better price or a better group of folks to purchase it from.

And yes, I'll be purchasing one for my 2018 Ram in about three weeks, and the price I'm getting with PAIDINFULL for a $100 deductible life time warranty is $2745. Again, a great deal.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Bob Cline at Zeigler said he would not be undersold, and he's held up to his promise in all the plans I've figured.

by the way, the promo is "PAYINFULL" (not PAIDINFULL)

On the lifetime, Zeigler is $50 cheaper than any other retailer online.
(and yep, 2745 is the price with the promo code.

I just purchased a lifetime Mopar bumper to bumper $100 deductible from Zeigler for my daughter's 2016 Ram 1500 Hemi which we've owned since new, and the cost was $3060 after the discount but that is because the truck is over the 12 months/12000 miles so had the surcharge and also financed the deal for 12 months interest free. I could have saved about $365 if I purchased PAIDINFULL at the time of purchase but am a little short of funds so still feel I got a great deal. I've purchased from them in the past and could never find a better price or a better group of folks to purchase it from.

And yes, I'll be purchasing one for my 2018 Ram in about three weeks, and the price I'm getting with PAIDINFULL for a $100 deductible life time warranty is $2745. Again, a great deal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was so happy with the way Bob Cline and his team at Zeigler has treated me through the years that I picked up a second Lifetime Maximum Care (LWM500N) for my 2018 Ram 1500 LL Southfork Edition. This lifetime warranty is a little different than my daughter-in-law's in that mine has the $500 deductible from Zeigler for $2170. This is the first time I've seen a $500 deductible which is exactly what I've been waiting to find...lifetime coverage but at a higher deductible to cover the big ticket items but also the smaller stuff too. Keep in mind that this is a $500 deductible PER VISIT thus you don't run in when it has a small faulty item (unless it is a safety or drivability issue) but instead use it for several items or a major visit for the engine, tranny, electronics, etc. I could have saved more using "PAYINFULL" but instead stretched it out over 12 months interest free.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great deal on the warranty

Wish I could have got a lifetime deal, but with the EcoDiesel the best I could get was the 8 year, 125,000 mile. Happy with that though, and working with the Ziegler guys was a breeze.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,238 Posts
We're going to have to decide pretty quick if we're going to get the lifetime maxcare on our 3500.
Ziegler's price with the "payinfull" discount for the lifetime with a 200 deductible is $3110.
When we bought the truck last December, I discussed this with the sales manager, and he said he'd match any price I can find online if we get it from him when/if we're ready to buy.
I had exactly the same experience with extended warranty shopping when we bought our Subaru a few years ago too, and my neighbor said he had a similar experience with Toyota, so around here it seems that the dealers are willing to match online prices for anyone who asks so long as you've bought the vehicle from them.
Of course, they'll still charge full freight for extended warranties to those people who don't know that they have some time to think it over and that shopping around is possible.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As much as I would love to give my dealer more money (/sarcasm) I feel like while Im sitting there buying their vehicle, the least they could do is be somewhat up front with me. There was no offer of reduced price for ANY of the myriad of "add on packages" they were offering me.

Their MaxCare Lifetime pricing was in outer space....youd figure at the time of sale there would be SOME way to make it cheaper but nope. MSRP only (it may have even been more than that, I cant remember). On top of that, I can buy it from ANY dealer so again you'd figure they would want to be more competitive.

I waited 6 months and bought it online for about 60% of the price they quoted me. It shows up in the FCA computer system as MaxCare Lifetime, Im not even sure if they can easily see who I bought it from.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I didn't know you could do that.

I can see any "service contracts" attached to my truck there. Like if you buy one of those multiple oil change specials from the dealer, etc. I see the plan provision for my 4 oil change/tire rotations and I also see the plan provision for my MaxCare Lifetime as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agree with ChrisBigHorn17...I've actually shown the dealer the Zeigler price when purchasing all three of my trucks here in the Houston area and they always tell me they will not match the price. Greed...it will cost them every time. That's ok...wife is from that area of Michigan so will support the local folks up there instead of the greedy dealers in Houston.

And yes, you can see it both when you login at https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/dashboard/details.html and on the app too (Mopar Dashboard). It will also display the maintenance done to your truck by the dealers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yep, you'd think they would help their cause by giving in at least a little bit. I mean Id give them an extra 100 or maybe even 200, but IIRC their price was close to or slightly over 4K, I paid 2600.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,238 Posts
I swear I don't understand dealers who won't match prices for things like extended warranties. It's not as if they have to buy them and then re-sell them.

Since my local dealer, which is not a high-volume outfit like some of the big city places, is willing to match any price I can find, I assume their "cost" is the same as any other dealer, and Ziegler is sure as hell not selling them at a loss, so why would a dealer decline a quick profit of a few hundred bucks or whatever the "commission" is on a warranty plan and let Ziegler or some other place scoop up that money?
Turning down a couple hundred bucks or whatever for a few minutes paperwork is hard to figure.

We get calls and mailings all the time from sales people at FCA too, trying to sell us extended Mopar warranties at full freight prices, and they won't negotiate either.
I don't get it. I must be missing something, 'cos none of that makes sense to me at all.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
You can find out a lot of things by going to the website below

look for Mopar Vehicle Protection
https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/index.html

current service plan holders can see what they currently have
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection/access-plan.html

The dealerships don't get the money, FCA does get it

If the dealerships received the money, how would you get your vehicle repaired if you were in Mexico, Canada, or just driving across country in the USA when you had a breakdown, you just get your broken vehicle into a FCA dealership & that dealership contacts FCA & asks if it OK to do the repair

Each seller of the Mopar Protection Plan is selling the exact same plans
Each seller of the plan may get a small cut or credit for selling the plans

1 - 20 of 51 Posts