DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some advice here,this is definately the place to ask from what I have read on this forum so far.I have a 2018 ram 1500 with a hemi.For some reason it has single exhaust.Does anybody know what steps to take to convert it to a dual exhaust.I am not interested in an aftermarket system.I just want the stock dual set up.My bumper has no humps for the tips it is straight,but I cannot see any clearence issues what so ever.If I get one from another ram with a dual set up will it work.I know someone sitting on one that was taken off for a new system.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I am new to this forum and this truck thing,I have had many toys,but this is my first truck and I love the power the hemi puts out and the whole feel of the truck.This exhaust issue I want the whole deal,after that I am going to surf this forum for advice on running boards and a cover.This weekend when I am not working like a crazy man I will update my profile and put in some pics.Thanks again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I could use some advice here,this is definately the place to ask from what I have read on this forum so far.I have a 2018 ram 1500 with a hemi.For some reason it has single exhaust.Does anybody know what steps to take to convert it to a dual exhaust.I am not interested in an aftermarket system.I just want the stock dual set up.My bumper has no humps for the tips it is straight,but I cannot see any clearence issues what so ever.If I get one from another ram with a dual set up will it work.I know someone sitting on one that was taken off for a new system.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I am new to this forum and this truck thing,I have had many toys,but this is my first truck and I love the power the hemi puts out and the whole feel of the truck.This exhaust issue I want the whole deal,after that I am going to surf this forum for advice on running boards and a cover.This weekend when I am not working like a crazy man I will update my profile and put in some pics.Thanks again.

I have an eco diesel and I am not sure if my muffler system is different to the hemi but you will need oem bumper that supports the dual exhaust you will need hangers for one side you will probably need a muffler with two exhaust exits at the rear. Go on you tube and you will find many installations for dual exhaust.:smileup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
lll

That’s crazy, I’ve never seen a Hemi especially not 2016, 2017, 2018 without dual exhaust, I wonder if that’s even right? I had a 2013 with the 3.6 Pentastar that didn’t have dual exhaust, but both the 2016 I traded in and the 2017 that I have now had dual exhaust and both were hemi’s.

·
Registered
937 Posts
You will need the dual cut out bumper, it isn't required as the tips can be adjusted to point down for clearance on a regular bumper, just looks better. You will need a single in dual out muffler, stock if you want quiet or aftermarket direct fit will work such as mufflex or carven. You will need the driver and passenger side tailpipes. You will probably need 4 rubber hangers, 2 for the driver side and 1 for the passenger side tailpipes and 1 for right behind the muffler. You will also need the exhaust tips if they don't come with the tailpipes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.I myself have never seen a hemi with single exhaust on a ram ever except mine.I did some checking and yes of course this year they started to make both.For what reason I cant imagine.I will text some pics tomorrow at some point.I guess a before and after,I am starting with the exhaust.I think I may go with the stock bumper,there is plenty of clearence and I am sure the tips can be adjusted a little down to accomodate.We will soon see!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
The tips are a socket joint so they can be centered in the cutouts, so yes they can be tilted to clear your stock bumper.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks for the replies.I myself have never seen a hemi with single exhaust on a ram ever except mine.I did some checking and yes of course this year they started to make both.For what reason I cant imagine.I will text some pics tomorrow at some point.I guess a before and after,I am starting with the exhaust.I think I may go with the stock bumper,there is plenty of clearence and I am sure the tips can be adjusted a little down to accomodate.We will soon see!!
In my opinion the dual exhaust with bumper cutouts is one of the main things that makes Ram stand out verse all the other trucks. I absolutely love the look of it.

This can be done fairly easily. I had a 2013 with the V6 Pentastar and I did it. I ordered an aftermarket number off of eBay then found someone selling their dual exhaust as they upgraded. So look around you might find a deal on a stock muffler from someone who upgraded their exhaust. If I can do it anyone can!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Its not uncommon today to see single exhaust tail pipe on hemi trucks today... see them here quite often now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dual exhaust is what caught my attention as being the stand out feature on a ram.Im on it boys,hopefully this week it should be done.I will keep you all posted.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The Tradesman comes with single exhaust and so does the SLT. The Express, Bighorn, one Star, Sport, and all the Laramies have dual exhaust. The Outdoorsman came with single exhaust as well.

The dual factory exhaust is just a single in/dual out setup. Any full catback or takeoff that includes the stock muffler from a dual exhaust truck will convert it for you. You may need to add a hanger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats going on.I had a real good day today.I am on vacation from work so I am trying to cram as much in as possible.I converted my single to dual exhaust today.I went stock dual ram muffler,he bent up the pipes,He didnt have the tips,so he left it and when I get the tips he is going to throw them on.I got a pair off of ebay for $50 bucks.They delivered my bed tri-fold cover,and running boards today,they should be going on tomorrow.All in all I would say a pretty good day.I needed one hanger for the drivers side,I ordered it straight from Mopar.I am good to go.I am starting to love this ram more and more.I will never drive a car again,unless it has a 1000 horsepower motor in it down the track!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts