DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New guy on here and I need help.
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd with less than 40k miles. Love the truck.
But when I am driving at 2,000-2,200 rpm there is a cricket noise that sounds like its coming from under the truck. Its very annoying.
I can get the sound when the truck is in park, but its not as obvious- so I don't think its drivetrain related. But I can't figure out where the noise is coming from.
Has anyone else had this issue? I am ready to take it to the dealer, but I dont want to spend a ton of money on it and then have the dealer not find the problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Could try the ole soap trick on the serptine belt and eliminate that, maybe at just the right RPM its causing an issue. Odviously is something turning at that speed. So I would look into pullies and belts 1st if not that, next oil change look for metal bits in oil... just some ideas

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had that happen once. It was the radiator fan. I just squirted some lube around the hub and it went away. Never made another sound for the remainder of it's life of 345,000 miles.

Hopefully yours is a simple fix such as this.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hello @local95! Sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns regarding the noise you described. Should you decide to address this concern with your dealer we would love to assist! To start, feel free to send us a private message.

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
526 Posts
Serpentine belt would probably make that noise at any RPM. I would look into the Harmonic Balancer...I believe these trucks still use those but I haven't actually checked to be sure. My older Chevy had that issue and the balancer was the culprit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts