DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a MOPAR person through and through. I've had a Scat Pack Charger the last 2 years and a Durango SXT Ralleye the last 4 years. I thought I was done trading, but I have the itch again. I made a pretty good 2nd owner purchase on that Scat Pack and it appears it is holding its resale around 33-35k.

It was fun to drive, but very rarely do I ever get to use it for what it's for. Too much traffic. I'd rather go back to being more comfortable and look cool, which MOPAR does well.

My parents just got a Pacifica Limted. Man that thing is posh. I can't imagine another minivan being that nice, and they honestly made it look less minivan. BUT it is still is a minivan. I don't think I can overcome that long term. I'm not sure I'd get enough money for me to sell the Durango and replace it. They really haven't changed it as they did it right when they redid it 2014 (which I'd gotten an RT or Citadel though)

Anyways, back to the question at hand. First of all, around Kansas City they have LOTS of 2018 Big Horns left. I always liked that model, mainly because I can get the bench in front. I'm seeing them for $15,000 off on the websites, which would put most Big Horns at an even trade. Those were the deals I remember when gas was crazy high. Is this legitimate? I've never understood how the trucks can have those big of rebates while say the Pacifica or Durango of the same price only has $8500-10000 off (which are also good). The 2019's are growing on me, but I like the old look a lot.

Has anything changed on these in the last 3-4 years outside of infotainment?
The other thing I don't get, is most of the 2016's are still bringing 30k . Why wouldn't everyone buy a brand new one?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Trucks are huge volume sellers right now, and its a sellers market in the used arena . The 19s are coming in which helps explain some of the discounts on 18s, but even still I paid around $33k for my Lone Star which is equivalent to a BH back in 2013. Prices have gone up since then, but I don't think its anything crazy to get $15k off an outgoing generation in the last model year. I agree that it makes more sense to buy a new truck than a used one right now.

The Pacificas are nice-my wife who used to swear she'd never let me buy her one has started liking them-especially the S models.

I am not clear from your post on how many vehicles you require; sounds like you have the Scat Pak and a Durango and want to trade the Scat for a Ram and keep the Durango? If that's the case I fully support that decision-my Ram and Durango complement each other very well

·
Registered
612 Posts
Has anything changed on these in the last 3-4 years outside of infotainment?
Not a lot has changed, but they did go with the 8 speed transmission and rotary shifter for all 1500's. Not sure exactly when that change happened but it seems like it was 2016.

The other thing I don't get, is most of the 2016's are still bringing 30k . Why wouldn't everyone buy a brand new one?
Good question. I'm not sure why anyone would buy used if they can get a brand new truck for nearly the same price.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not a lot has changed, but they did go with the 8 speed transmission and rotary shifter for all 1500's. Not sure exactly when that change happened but it seems like it was 2016.

Good question. I'm not sure why anyone would buy used if they can get a brand new truck for nearly the same price.

I do think they still offered the 6 speed in 2017, if not only on the base models then fleet trucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts