DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 all black Power Wagon and of course the list has started to build already for the crap I'm thinking of doing to it. I just came from a 1500 Silverado crew cab so this truck is a bit foreign to me. I did have a 2011 RAM 1500 sport prior to the Chevy. I'm finally home again! Anyways I'm thinking of rims and tires. Probably a 35 inch tire. 12.5 wide. What offset do I need to get the tires flush or a touch past flush with the wheel wells. I also want to level this thing at some point. Am I better off waiting to go with Thuren stuff right off the bat? I only want to level it about an inch. Any tips, tricks or anything must does that I need to accomplish with this thing are much appreciated. I asked the dealer to install som 315 70 17 STT pros on it but they managed to f that up and put 295 70 17's on instead. Not exactly happy. Saleswoman was a moron. She shouldn't be selling cars.

The truck came loaded with almost all the options.....RAMBOX etc. Just needs leather at this point.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
DeeZee tailgate assist is an inexpensive upgrade, but one that’s worth doing. It slowly lowers the tailgate hands free. Really comes in handy when your hands are full.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
A 0 offset sounds like it might be what you want on the wheel. Why only do a 35” tall tire when a 37” would look so much better on your truck?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've thought about one of those on my 2011. The silverado had a slow lower tailgate already so I slipped my mind till just now. Yeah I've thought about 37's but damn. The thing already gets awesome gas mileage! haha. I should post the tires and rims on this site but I just don't know if anyone would pay the shipping on them.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do possibly have a gibson exhaust setup waiting for me though. My old man tossed on on his 6.4 and he thinks it's too loud. I think it sounds awesome. I asked him if he wanted to swap and now he's wind swaying on his thoughts! WTF. We'll see what happens. Ideally I'd like to get some thuren parts on this things, fox shocks, leather, new tires and wheels. Bedliner and some mud flaps. That's my agenda. We'll see how far I get this year.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'll keep adding. I ordered some AEV mud flaps for it today. My father is getting the husky liner XACT contour floor mats for the interior to replace the stock rubber ones and I made an appointment for the bedliner on January 6. Working on a deal to get the tire size I want. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if there is an upgrade to the power hop shock that comes installed on the power wagons? I'd like to go all fox at some point in time with this truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts