DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a truck and seriously considering a Ram 1500 because I previously had a 2015 Ram 1500. Although I like the 2019 model, I am not yet completely sold on it. I still do like the exterior of the 2018 a bit more especially on the Rebel trim. My question is to those who have driven both the previous generation (4th?) and new generation (5th) - how different is the driving experience? Is the new generation much better handling/control? Not really interested in the placebo stuff, but looking for more definitive answer. I haven't stepped into the dealership yet because I have to make a decision under pressure. Your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Bought a 2019 Big Horn today for work. Have had numerous rams from 2012 up to 2017. The 2019 is the best. Steering feel is more responsive. Feels a little bit snappier in the get up and go mode. Can tell the wheelbase is 4 inches longer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered a 2013, 1500 and I ordered a 2019, 1500 equipped exactly the same. Just got the 2019 and traded the 13. Things I notice, the 2019 is much quieter, it feels bigger, the gas pedal is more responsive (doesn't have a lag when you press on it). Steering is a little quicker.

Ride is the same, but the new air ride adjusts quicker than the old one. Power is no difference. The first tank of gas driving easy mixed town and country and under 65 mph. The computer said 18.9 for the tank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a 2013, 1500 and I ordered a 2019, 1500 equipped exactly the same. Just got the 2019 and traded the 13. Things I notice, the 2019 is much quieter, it feels bigger, the gas pedal is more responsive (doesn't have a lag when you press on it). Steering is a little quicker.

Ride is the same, but the new air ride adjusts quicker than the old one. Power is no difference. The first tank of gas driving easy mixed town and country and under 65 mph. The computer said 18.9 for the tank.
Do you have the 3.92 gear option on your 2019?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts