DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears my truck is a "tweener" in between the 18s and the 19s. I don't have LEDs and have searched high and low forhow to turn on DRLs for halogens and the cheat sheets are for LED equipped models.
I'm a full crew cab 4x4 with a 5.7 hemi.

Apparently mine was an Enterprise rental and only had 14,000 miles and remainder of the warranty. There have been lots of changes since my last dodge truck, an 87 Prospector.

Again, what will be the best "base" forum for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
On the forums you’ll want to be in with the fourth gens since that what the classic is. To turn on the DRL’s you could do like I did and use alfaodb to turn it on: it’s a very helpful app. I believe on the 2018’s and newer you’ll also need an odb bypass harness to use the app.

·
Super Moderator
5,608 Posts
Welcome to Ramforumz! Were glad to have you here. You'll find a lot of information on this forum for you & your Ram. Browse through the many different areas of the forum & you'll see what I mean. When you get a chance, post a picture or two of your Ram here.

The 2019 "Classic", is the older DS (4th Gen) body style. But some of your features, both electronic & drive train, may be shared in both generations? (The 2019s and up with the newer body style, are 5th Generation Rams and are the DT body style.) So, you may find information on both, in the 2018 Ram & the 2019 Ram areas. For general knowledge, I believe you would be content with looking through or posting in either one of those forums. Also, if you scroll further down the main page, you'll find the HELP Forums for both 4th Gen & 5th Gens.

In answer to your question concerning DRLs, check out this link. (Scroll down to post #3 & #5.)
Day Time Running Lights
This was the sheet I used to get my dealer to activate my DRLs on my 2017 Ram back in Sept. 2017. It should cross over to the DS body styles. Sorry about it being in two halves, I didn't have the original copy with me while I was traveling. (My 2019 5th gen, had the DLR option in the U-connect screen menu.)

Again, welcome & enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Ramforumz! Were glad to have you here. You'll find a lot of information on this forum for you & your Ram. Browse through the many different areas of the forum & you'll see what I mean. When you get a chance, post a picture or two of your Ram here.

The 2019 "Classic", is the older DS (4th Gen) body style. But some of your features, both electronic & drive train, may be shared in both generations? (The 2019s and up with the newer body style, are 5th Generation Rams and are the DT body style.) So, you may find information on both, in the 2018 Ram & the 2019 Ram areas. For general knowledge, I believe you would be content with looking through or posting in either one of those forums. Also, if you scroll further down the main page, you'll find the HELP Forums for both 4th Gen & 5th Gens.

In answer to your question concerning DRLs, check out this link. (Scroll down to post #3 & #5.)
Day Time Running Lights
This was the sheet I used to get my dealer to activate my DRLs on my 2017 Ram back in Sept. 2017. It should cross over to the DS body styles. Sorry about it being in two halves, I didn't have the original copy with me while I was traveling. (My 2019 5th gen, had the DLR option in the U-connect screen menu.)

Again, welcome & enjoy the forum.
Thank you! I did take that sheet to the dealer up here in the mountains and they looked at me like I was smoking bad dope. He did the dealer connect and that option was not available for my truck he said.He then showed me the screen and asked if I saw any of the options? He then stated my truck was made in California not Canada and therefore may not have the Canada option.

I'm headed back to Florida this week and am taking the sheet to another dealer to try again. When you did it, did it turn the parking lights into the DRL or dim the headlights as the DRL?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
53,123 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forumZ, glad to have you join the community and congrats on your truck! Looks like you're getting some helpful info already so plenty of knowledge here to help you learn about your new truck! Any pics of your Ram you can share? We all like pics here lol. Do you have any mods in mind for your rig? Lots of ideas here and great people and info, too, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cajun

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Thank you! I did take that sheet to the dealer up here in the mountains and they looked at me like I was smoking bad dope. He did the dealer connect and that option was not available for my truck he said.He then showed me the screen and asked if I saw any of the options? He then stated my truck was made in California not Canada and therefore may not have the Canada option.

I'm headed back to Florida this week and am taking the sheet to another dealer to try again. When you did it, did it turn the parking lights into the DRL or dim the headlights as the DRL?

Thanks in advance!
I'm guessing that you have the quad headlights since you never told us if you have the quads or projectors. If quads is the case I believe that the high beam bulbs are used, but dimmed. If a dealer does it for you thats will be what is used. If you use alfaodb then you could choose which light you want to use, so if you wold like the turn signal used you could use that instead. When I turned the DRL's on my truck I went with the high beams.

·
Super Moderator
5,608 Posts
Maybe something's changed between the 2017 & the 2019s? My 2017 was assembled in Warren, MI. I understand that Rams made in Canada, do not have this feature. It does matter where your truck was assembled.

As to why there isn't an option for this in your truck, I don't know? Maybe because it was assembled/built as a rental (Enterprise) truck? I know the dealer has to input the code so it's available, then flash the computer. That may be the reason it didn't show up on their computer?

It's been a couple of years since I did this & it was a 2017. Again, I can do this on my 2019 through the touch screen in the center of the dash, in SETTINGS.

Maybe someone else will chime in? If you try this again at a different dealer, and get told "No.", I would try the alphaodb route. I wish I could be of more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts