DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you folks that have lost fuel economy will have the intake cleaned and stop running fuel with ethanol, you will all regain your original fuel economy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
And where do you fine fuel without ethanol, I find all brands near me to contain it?? And mine is a '21 I guessing the intake is clean. 14-16 at best ever.... from day one. I live with it since I really do like my truck but, I hope for that moment when it 'breaks in' and does better.
It really isn’t that hard to find. You’ll just have to look and ask around to find vendors that sell it. Once you find it, fill up with that vendor regularly. I travel all over the country and have been able to find it in every major city and in most small towns. Ethanol IS clogging up the intake portion of your engine. It is affecting the way it runs and your fuel economy. The only way to prove that statement is for you to have someone that knows what they’re doing clean the intake. My local dealer has a process that works, but I’m sure there are ways to DIY. You will immediately notice a fuel economy increase. However, if you continue to run moonshine in your engine for any length of time whatsoever, it will again decline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I’ve only been in 49 states and five Canadian Provences in the past four years (39 in 2021), and I’ve not seen any of them that you can’t buy moonshine free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven’t been to Ontario in 7 years. The last time I was in New Jersey or New York was pre-COVID. Nothing would surprise me in any of those places. We drove through BC, Alberta, Yukon and Saskatchewan in 2019. Had no problem purchasing it then. It is still available in MOST states. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that it’s been done away with in Washington, Oregon and California too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts