DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Here in the mountain west our fuel blend changes for the winter months. My 5.7 drops 1-2 mpg in Oct and resumes in Apr every year. Timing of your problem sounds about right.
Same here out east... once mid-Nov hits my MPG drops like a rock. 22-23 on long trip down to 20, 17-19 down to 14-15 around town

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unfortunately in many states it's the law, E-15 is a requirement now. In addition to loss of zinc from oil wiping out cams, now the ethanol is destroying fuel lines and pumps in classic cars. I had to run all ethanol rated lines when I put EFI on my car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Don't mean to bust on ya... but I just got back from SW Ontario (Chatham-Kent) for 3 week stay and not one station there, Windsor or London (or Woodstock that I filled up at) had stickers on the pumps that said "Contains Ethanol". Even the station that used to sell ethanol free finally had to cave because the owner said he couldn't get it any more.

And in NJ it's the law... must sell E-15 fuel, and winter blend just seems to makes it worse.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Technically, you can buy it here in NJ. Either at a hardware store in 1 gallon cans for use in lawnmowers/chain saws and such, or the race track, but has to go into a container, can't be pumped directly into the car. (no road use tax)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.