DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new 2019 Bighorn today fairly loaded with level 2 equipment. Specs say powerfold mirrors. Also has trailer tow package which gives you the trailer tow mirrors. That package must trump level 2 because it has manual fold trailer tow mirrors. Just FYI

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Trailer tow mirrors don't power fold; the power folding mirrors are listed under standard equipment, but the tow mirrors under optional equipment trump any standard equipment

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
You can fold the power fold mirrors manually too. Its in the manual

·
Registered
414 Posts
Its been that way since 2009 on all 1500 model's. Only the 2500/3500 have power fold.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I personally think it's stupid that 1500's have manual folding tow mirrors and the 2500's can get power folding ones.

What also sucks is on 2019 Laramie and above Rams that get the level 2 equipment group give up the 360 degree camera if they go for the tow group too.

Ram needs to update their towing mirrors already. I'm sure that's something that'll come with the 2020 heavy duties but still. Same exact towing mirror that's on my 2014.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2019 Laramie Sport. It to had those dumbo ear trailer mirrors you have to fold manually. I hate those things. Plus they are chrome. Seriously? On a red ram? I wonder if the harness has provisions for the small power fold mirrors? At minimum I need to paint the chrome red or black. It's a stupid design choice. Anybody change theirs?

Tracy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts