DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve changed both fuel filters, air filter, and my gas Milage is still down. Engine also seems to run a bit rougher. I had oil changed in February. Can someone help me please.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,532 Posts
I’ve changed both fuel filters, air filter, and my gas Milage is still down. Engine also seems to run a bit rougher. I had oil changed in February. Can someone help me please.
What kind of numbers are you seeing now? Same driving style? towing? highway? City? What were you getting before?

Could be any number of things but do you have any check engine lights on?
Do you still have EGR? Tuned? Deleted? etc.
Any smoke? smells?
How long has this problem persisted? Since the last time you filled up or over many tanks? It's posssible that you need to change the fuel filters a second time if you got a tank full of crap.
Have you checked your fuel pressure with a scan tool? Is it erratic? It could be air in the fuel line from a bad lift pump.

Off the top of my head, based on your limited description I think it's probably fuel/fuel pressure related.
Diesel engines are very simple but very hard to troubleshoot at times because there is basically only one causal pathway for failure :p but many trees that feed into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts