DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my Tacoma on Sat and picked up a 2019 Quad Cab. What an awesome truck.

I wanted the 9 speaker but couldn't find one with other options I liked. Has anyone added an amp/speakers/sub to their 2019 yet? I've read about a folding back seat mod, not sure if it works with the 2019, but there may be room back there for at least an amp. Sub space looks tight though. Might have to go with one of the ultra small designs if I add a sub at all.

Anyone know the ohm rating of the stock speakers? I'm guessing they aren't 4, probably 2? And what is that box under the drivers seat... is that the stereo amp or some other controller?

Top on my list though is a canopy. From what I've seen nobody makes one yet. ARE and Snugtop are both about a month out for their initial designs. I prefer the ARE MX, with the slight rise but wow, that's going to cut it super close for my garage.

Has anyone seen a good mod thread with a collection of unique tips and tricks that others have come up with?

-Warren

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I think that you should tell us more about the Ram
what model is it, Bighorn, Laramie, or ***

Front Bucket Seats or ***

8.4" or 12 " radio screen

Does it have the 115V plug on the dash

If you have bucket seats, look just under the passenger side seat cushion. Is there anything mounted to the seat frame ? Does it look anything like the thing under the drivers seat ?

When you lift the rear seat(s) up, is there just a regular floor or are there panels laying down, that you can lift to an upright position ?

Not many people in here have received the 2019 Ram, many have factory ordered them & they are waiting for them to show up at the dealerships

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes. Good point. And thanks!

Bighorn, front Bucket seats, 8.4" screen, no 115V plug.

Lifting the rear seats there are no panels.
There is a smaller module on the passenger side, looks plastic rather than the larger metal one under drivers seat on the floor. I've considered moving the tools under passenger seat and put an amp or small sub there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Open Harness behind back seat

I see an open harness behind the back seat. I'm wondering if this is wiring for the sub that is not in my build? Does anyone know if the this is where the sub for the 9 speaker system is located?

This is floor level behind the back seat, to the right of middle.

Makes me think maybe I can fit a compact sub back there. I ordered a e-torx to remove the seat that will be here tomorrow and will take out the seats and get a good look.

I'm guessing stock speakers are 8 ohms which means I'll want to try and fit an amp back there too. And, I'll probably have to run new speaker wire...does anyone know the stock gauge used?

Thanks,
Warren

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts