DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, without speculation involved, i`m looking for REAL proof and facts, with what changed, and why.
The 2019 Transfer case is a newer updated unit as well, what, how & why, happened there.

It concerns me, that chrysler was 100,000 mile drivetrain when the 8HP70 arrived.
Now they dropped 40,000 miles off the drivetrain warranty... paying to many claims...???

·
Happy Ram - No more GM
2017 Silverado 1500 QC 4x4.
990 Posts
Following.

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Threads are already in progress.

Transmission (wider range is the most significant difference):

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=233970

Transfer cases (we don't know as much about them yet):

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=244690

The 8HP75 is stronger than the 8HP70 and will hold 50 more N-m (553 lb-ft capacity on the 75 compared to 516 for the 70). It shifts faster and is supposedly more efficient too (less parasitic loss).

From the look of it the T-cases use the same technology. The Borg-Warners were developed in a joint venture with Chrysler and Ford, though Ford recently got new cases they use different nomenclature for them.

The powertrain went to 60,000 miles in 2016 from 100,000 miles in 2015 (my Durango came with the 100k warranty). This corresponded with Chevy reducing the length of their warranty to 60k. Ford's was already shorter so it stands to reason that they reduced it because they didn't need to keep it that high to be competitive. Its not like they actually changed anything about the trucks in 2016.

Nissan and Toyota are irrelevant as they are still not real players in the truck market.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The main reason for longer warranties is to increase sales. The main reason to shorten the length of a warranty is because sales are up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would really like to know if the Full-Time Auto t-case now truly locks in 4x4 HI and LOW, unlike the latest 4th gen BW 44-44.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
The main reason for longer warranties is to increase sales. The main reason to shorten the length of a warranty is because sales are up.
This is spot on here. :smileup:

I would really like to know if the Full-Time Auto t-case now truly locks in 4x4 HI and LOW, unlike the latest 4th gen BW 44-44.
I'm curious about this as well. There sure have been enough threads built around this exact topic over the years. Many YouTube videos on it, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts