DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my 2019 Lone Star quad cab, ordered May 31. Thought I'd share the actual payload sticker, I know there seems to be a wide variation in actual payload capacity of each truck vs. the standard chart payload ratings. This is a pretty basic truck - tow package, 33 gallon gas tank, level 1 equipment, 18 inch wheels. I ordered this truck specifically for towing a small fifth wheel and payload was a big factor - nice to see that I'm not too far below the chart rating and I knew the larger gas tank (they count a full tank of fuel when calculating payload) would knock down the payload rating somewhat. But this is still a good bit better than the past few years, and was one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on a 2019 Ram.

My first impressions of the truck after one day.....it is fantastic! Can't get over how quiet it is and how well it rides. Even in just the Lone Star trim it is a really comfortable truck, fit and finish is terrific and everything inside has a quality feel. Won't be towing for a few months but our camper will be just under 5,000 pounds so I'm sure it will handle it easily. Nice touch that they put your name on the window sticker when you order a truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Congrats, 1804# is a very respectable number. For comparison, my CC 2016 Big Horn has 1373# payload.
I'm very interested to see how your truck handles the weight since the '19's have progressive rate coils whereas the 4G's have linear rate. Please share your towing experience and photos once you get the 5W.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Oh wow, that's about 500 lbs over what the sticker for my truck says. That's a very respectable increase for the 5th gens over the 4th gens-thanks for sharing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have only had the truck two days, and won't be towing until next Spring so won't know about that until then, but am anxious to see how the progressive coils do under load.

I have to say that so far every single thing about this truck has been flawless. Incredibly smooth and quiet, interior fit and finish even on the Lone Star trim is first rate and has a quality feel, all the knobs and buttons are very solid and the brushed metal & rubber finish on them is really nice. Transmission shifts both up and down are silky smooth, and I can't tell when the MDS kicks in on the highway even when I'm trying to discern it. There has not been a single flaw or ding that I have noticed yet, I would have to give a big thumbs up to Ram for every aspect of the 2019. And I have to admit, probably just because I like the truck so much, that the front end appearance that initially turned me off is really growing on me ;0)

Went with the black & light mountain brown interior - the light brown always seems to look a bit darker and warmer in person than in photos, it often looks very light and washed out in pics but the first time we saw it in person we loved it. And while I was initially blown away by the new consoles, we had a bench seat on our 1998 and were very happy with it so we went with that. The 2019 has a nicer fold down console with the bench seat, extra storage compartment under the seat bottom as well as on the console, and a good size pull-out storage drawer on the bottom center of the dash.

I really like being able to fold down the back seat headrests, gives much better visibility out the rear view mirror.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts