DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I got a 2019 Laramie Crew 5.7L 4x4

I just got back from Hellwig to let you know about their swaybar setups. We confirmed that the previous generation swaybar fits the 2019 like a glove. The ride quality has improved a lot and feels so much more stable in and out of corners. The swaybar is a lot more beffy and solid compared to OEM which comes hollow. Definitely recommend the product. Here are some pictures :smileup:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I installed the same sway bar on my truck this weekend. Everyone on here should install one on their trucks too. I set mine on the third hole. Did you try every setting before choosing the one you sent with?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had one on my 2015 Ram and it made a hell of a difference. I haven't put one on my new Ram yet but will eventually. I had it set on the middle hole. It definitely made it stick to the road at high speeds on twisty roads.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have mine set on the second setting. The truck feels much more planted to the road. Easily one of the best mods I have done to date.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have both front/ rear bars. Originally on my '12, now on my '17. Best thing for adding stability to my truck. I am hoping they fit the air suspension '19 I am buying.

Side note: Hellwig customer service is second to none. Snapped a front mount, was sent a new set free, no shipping.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I changed out the sway bars on all my Jeeps but haven't thought about it on my truck. Will have to look into this. I know they really flattened out my jeeps on curvy roads. Thanks for the write ups op and NevadaMike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks straightforward but must ask: How hard of a job is it to switch these out?

Thanks for the great pics on the install OP and congrats on the new truck.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Its a piece of cake 30 minute job. It will have absolutely no effect on the ride at all. If you like to drive fast on twisty roads it is a MUST HAVE. What got me thinking about it initially I was messing around with a guy in one of those little sporty Cadillac cars and he was leaving me in the dust in the curves because I had to slow down because the truck was way to squirrelly. I put a Hellwig on the just the back and it was smooth as glass the next time I tried it.

·
Super Moderator
34,447 Posts
Good to see the axles are pretty much the same between the 4th and 5th gen Rams. I wonder if the trucks with the new 10" rear will need a different bar

I set mine on the third hole.

Is yours lifted at all in the rear or just the front?

I may do this now with all these twisty mountain roads here

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Good to see the axles are pretty much the same between the 4th and 5th gen Rams. I wonder if the trucks with the new 10" rear will need a different bar

Is yours lifted at all in the rear or just the front?

I may do this now with all these twisty mountain roads here
Just in the front. The tile and the lumber rack make it a bit top heavy. The Hellwig on the third hole helps or a lot with that. Do you listen to The Truck Show Podcast?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts