DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently upgraded from a 2007 1500 SLT to the above. It came installed with what I found out later is bed utility rails that I have pictured below. My question is: What’s the purpose? How can I utilize them? Are there any accessories that I’m supposed to put on the rails? I tried to YouTube the question to visually see the different ways this might be utilized but I haven’t found one. I realize this may be a dumb question for some but I really wanna know how other owners make use of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Those used to only be available if you had the Rambox option, but were made available as an option on all Ram 1500's on the 5th gens. I've used them for tying down cargo. I like the adjustability of them. I'm not sure if there are any accessories that fit the rails, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are. Basically, you're free to use your imagination on how to utilize them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Those sliding handles are typically used as attachment points for tie-down straps, to secure your cargo. Here are some Mopar accessories that can use those rails. There are additional accessories available from 3rd party vendors. Just search for bed rail accessories.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love mine. The tie down points can be moved back and forth depending on what you are carrying. Its a great setup so much so I added mine after the purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts