DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Crew cab have weird cabin sound? i realize maybe is the A/C or the Radio sound low but not, i turn off A/C and radio and under the dash driver side coming a sound like the A/C still blow or like from Full Volume amplifier on speaker with no sound or music, sound like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, also when turn on the car its quiet for about 30 seconds and start again its annoying when you dont have turn on A/C or music but if you have any of those you dont fell it anymore maybe something related with the Engine active noise reduction? Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
couple of conversations going on about that ....I can't remember which threads. Maybe the guys will come along soon and chime in. There is a bulletin out, that someone shared, about the active noise reduction and Ram has a fix....some sort of software upgrade if I'm not mistaken.

I keep reading about it so much, I wonder if I have it.....it's like......everything was fine until I read about it and now i'm wondering if I'm hearing things. But you are describing a sound that I definitely don't have....I don't have anything that's just overly obvious. I have a longhorn, but do have the 19 speaker/12 UC system.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just checked....it's another site I saw the issue mentioned. Anyway, here you go. Thee is a service bulletin June 3, 2018 Drone or Booming Noise from Audio System #08-088-18

Google that and it will come up and take you to that site ... but it appears to only be for the 6 speaker system. Not sure what you have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ha7nnb3gl7p3x7/Drone or Booming Noise from Audio System.pdf?dl=0

thanks for the info this is the link for the mentioned Bulletin but refer to Trucks without HK & 19 speakers also i dont have this kind of drone or buzzing from the speakers its more like the A/C is blowing air under the dash (that is not) but only driver side and the noise its turn on about 20 to 30 seconds after start engine and remain but in the accesories position with engine off its no sound,

·
Registered
247 Posts
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ha7nnb3gl7p3x7/Drone or Booming Noise from Audio System.pdf?dl=0

thanks for the info this is the link for the mentioned Bulletin but refer to Trucks without HK & 19 speakers also i dont have this kind of drone or buzzing from the speakers its more like the A/C is blowing air under the dash (that is not) but only driver side and the noise its turn on about 20 to 30 seconds after start engine and remain but in the accesories position with engine off its no sound,
Ventilated seat? A few of us report that they’re louder than usual. Prob not your issue, But I went crazy for 2 days until I realized the sound was my seat. I have my setting set for the seat to come on with the truck on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
also, I saw someone say they had to turn the recirculation button off and then back on......something about their being something that was making the vent stick when using that mode and causing some noise. I seldom use that mode honestly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kept hearing the same noise, found out it was the seat air ventilation, which can be turned off on the touchscreen. It sounded just like what you're describing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ventilated seat? A few of us report that they’re louder than usual. Prob not your issue, But I went crazy for 2 days until I realized the sound was my seat. I have my setting set for the seat to come on with the truck on.
Thanks for this is exactly the noise come from the Ventilated seats when i turn off noise of seat fan gone also happening on passenger side never expected the fan on the seats its to loud i have many other european SUV and cars and never so loud anyway is good that nothing is wrong with the truck thanks again

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yup, I just went through this same discovery process last week. First time I had used the cooled seats since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, mine is from the driver’s side seat cooler. I haven’t had a chance to take it to the dealership yet. I guess it is good to hear it isn’t just mine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same for me. I panicked thinking I bought a truck with a horrible sound hiss. But it was just the ventilated seats.

I agree it’s too loud. I turn them on less because of that big hiss.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and also the seat fan noise vs the flow of air thru the ventilated seat its not proportional the feel of cooler air in you back is minimum in my 2018 Challenger its much colder and no fan noise like that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for this is exactly the noise come from the Ventilated seats when i turn off noise of seat fan gone also happening on passenger side never expected the fan on the seats its to loud i have many other european SUV and cars and never so loud anyway is good that nothing is wrong with the truck thanks again
My GMC, I couldn't hear it. My BMW/Mercedes/Volvo, I couldn't hear it. I think it's just the fan used. Maybe they'll come out with a new one if enough people complain.

To be honest with you.....reading these forums has me in investigative mode.....meaning, I hear every dang noise possible. You know what's going to happen......as we soak in the miles and start enjoying the music and people in the car, those loud noises will just disappear. 99% of the time, I don't even hear the seat. It's when I have the music very very low and I'm listening for any wind noise, etc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My GMC, I couldn't hear it. My BMW/Mercedes/Volvo, I couldn't hear it. I think it's just the fan used. Maybe they'll come out with a new one if enough people complain.

To be honest with you.....reading these forums has me in investigative mode.....meaning, I hear every dang noise possible. You know what's going to happen......as we soak in the miles and start enjoying the music and people in the car, those loud noises will just disappear. 99% of the time, I don't even hear the seat. It's when I have the music very very low and I'm listening for any wind noise, etc.
Hmm... The ventilated seats on my GL were LOUD. Much louder than the RAM, so for me it’s an improvement.

Here’s another noise I found (well, my kids). Apparently the turn signal relay produces a high frequency sound that only my teenage kids can hear. At first we thought it was the brakes, but it only happened when turning, and sure enough, we did some detective work and it is indeed the relay, but you won’t be able to hear it if you’re older than 20 or 21. That’s when you lose the high freq hearing.

Neurobit

·
Registered
247 Posts
but you won’t be able to hear it if you’re older than 20 or 21. That’s when you lose the high freq hearing.
Neurobit
Lol....tinitus (ringing in ears), 20 years In the army and 3 tours in combat (retired in 2010) sped that process up for me. Sometimes the more quiet things are ......the louder they are for me ? I’m 46 now .....and wearing a lot of hearing protection on the Harley and yard work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
This 19 Ram Limited its my first truck ever and any weird on unrecognizable sound make me unconfortable but after you know where the noise come from i relax and passed thanks again for the help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts