DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ram 1500 classic 3.6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a 2019 Ram with the 6 cylinder engine and I just rolled over 100k, but recently my truck started sputtering while I’m driving, mostly while accelerating or if I’m cruising with the truck below 2000RPM so I’ve been manually changing gears for a couple of days. I believe it may be due to constantly running my tank lower than I should I think I need to change the filter/maybe clean the throttle body.

- does anyone know if the fuel filter is serviceable or where it’s located?

- or has anyone else had this problem and know of another solution that it could be?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. When were the plugs last changed? Have you ran a can of Seafoam thru the gas tank.?

·
Registered
2019 ram 1500 classic 3.6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. When were the plugs last changed? Have you ran a can of Seafoam thru the gas tank.?
I have put injector cleaner and sea foam both through a full tank or two now and it’s definitely better than it was but still having issues. I have never changed the plugs up to this point. I wasn’t sure how often they would need changing

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Plugs are due. Rockauto has good prices and the intake seals are inexpensive at the dealer and must be changed. If you are comfortable as a DIY'er, there are a few good videos on you tube on how to change them out. Make sure to get the same plugs as those that Ma put in. don't try others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts