DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally this is why I was disappointed in the 19 redesign. The Ram no longer has a distinct look and looks pretty close to the Chevy/GMC. 2nd Pic is 2019 Silverado and 3rd is the 19 GMC Denali. PhotoGrid_1535522310875_1535546975965.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,527 Posts
Yep, looks generic as heck now.
It's nice but yeah looking at the side profile of those 3 pictures I'd be hard pressed to identify the RAM without the logos.

I drive a Dakota now :hah:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the upper trim levels look okay. I really like the new Rebel, but the fact still remains that if you want a car, buy a GM truck, but if you want a truck, Ram and Ford are the way to go. GM trucks are just not built to go to work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the upper trim levels look okay. I really like the new Rebel, but the fact still remains that if you want a car, buy a GM truck, but if you want a truck, Ram and Ford are the way to go. GM trucks are just not built to go to work.
Even Ford is sketchy as a work horse because of all that aluminum. As far as comfortability/interior I've always liked the Ram and F-150 and if choosing based solely on that I'd go F-150(pre 2019). I'm on my 3rd Ram in a row going back to 2005 and I've never had any catastrophic failures with engine/trans.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Even Ford is sketchy as a work horse because of all that aluminum. As far as comfortability/interior I've always liked the Ram and F-150 and if choosing based solely on that I'd go F-150(pre 2019). I'm on my 3rd Ram in a row going back to 2005 and I've never had any catastrophic failures with engine/trans.
The only place that aluminum makes it sketchy, is on the internet and Chevy commercials.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not really seeing the similarity from the side between the Ram and GMC. I mean, I can tell they're both pickup trucks, but the gap between the bed and cab is entirely different, the beltline is different, bumper integration into the sides is different. I suppose the fenders over the wheels are sort of similar and the wheelwells are, but even the wheelwells on the bottom pic look entirely different.

My only real beef with the DT is the front end, because it looks like an evolution of a Tundra, not a Ram (fenders aren't dropped and the headlights are slanted upwards). I don't see the similarity with the GMC-the tailights on the Ram swell at the bottom whereas the GMC's swell at the top and the side of the headlights isn't in any way alike.

I think the architecture (body, frame, suspension-well except that retarded twin traction beam thing) of a Ford truck is better than a GM, but the engine ain't working hard for 300,000 miles like the GM is. Obviously I could have bought either of those and didn't, so it goes without saying which truck I think is best.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I think the GMC designer was drunk when they made the wheel wells. The square wheel wells weren't very nice, but what the heck is that mess on the new Denali? Terrible!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
they do look a little alike, tell you that 19 ram still has not grown on me and im seeing a few more around now,if i ws in the market for new one i think i whould just go with 2500 ram.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Not really seeing the similarity from the side between the Ram and GMC. I mean, I can tell they're both pickup trucks, but the gap between the bed and cab is entirely different, the beltline is different, bumper integration into the sides is different. I suppose the fenders over the wheels are sort of similar and the wheelwells are, but even the wheelwells on the bottom pic look entirely different.

I don't see a big similarity either other then they are the same color. Chevy went to a rounder wheel well this year which would make them look more like every other brand.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ram doesn't look better or worse than Tundra/GM. Not a fan of the f150 and the Titan, just looks weird. Still, my new/old 2017 Rams are the best looking ever.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was driving car dealer row a few days ago. Spotted a new GMC Denali on the corner of the dealer's lot. From across the street, the profile looks the same as the Ram including the chrome around the windows, just like the Limited.
Up close the doors are concave, like the Ram. However unlike the Ram, the front fenders and the bed side actually have some beefy styling to them. Like Ram with the hood badges and Ford, GMC is obsessed with the fender badges. Looks like another one that can't be removed without leaving a hole in the body. If the trucks weren't so similar in design, the badges would not even be needed for identification. The Ram used to be like that, now the styling is copycat.
The sticker on the Denali was 67K.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think if there were all different colors there wouldn't be as much resemblance. I think there are plenty of differences in them when you actually stand in front of them. But if you think about it, through the years there has been a lot of copying between the three brands. It wasn't until Dodge went to the big rig design that they diverged a lot from the other two.

For those who say the looks of the 2019 models hasn't grown on them yet, go see one in person. I went with my daughter to test drive a 2019 Rebel (for her, not for me LOL), and wow, I really like those. Seeing it in person made me appreciate the changes, and it looks much better than in pictures. I'm not the one shopping for a truck at this time, but it really got me to thinking about trading in my '17 Rebel for a '19.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I've used one of the aluminum F150's for work doing construction, nothing sketchy about them.

I think the GMC designer was drunk when they made the wheel wells. The square wheel wells weren't very nice, but what the heck is that mess on the new Denali? Terrible!
I've heard the square wheel wells are going away with the next Gen.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I saw 2 2019 Sierra Denalis this weekend when I was in Oklahoma City; I can tell you that seeing one in person the 2019 Ram does not come to mind. Looking at the side of the front end it looks a lot like a gen 2 Titan

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think if there were all different colors there wouldn't be as much resemblance. I think there are plenty of differences in them when you actually stand in front of them. But if you think about it, through the years there has been a lot of copying between the three brands. It wasn't until Dodge went to the big rig design that they diverged a lot from the other two.

For those who say the looks of the 2019 models hasn't grown on them yet, go see one in person. I went with my daughter to test drive a 2019 Rebel (for her, not for me LOL), and wow, I really like those. Seeing it in person made me appreciate the changes, and it looks much better than in pictures. I'm not the one shopping for a truck at this time, but it really got me to thinking about trading in my '17 Rebel for a '19.

The Rebel is the only model they successfully transitioned to the new body style. I think the front actually looks better than the previous version.
The rest of the models front ends are horrible attempts at changes that didn't need to be made. Somebody decided the crosshair big rig look was bad. They blew it up and made a mess.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw 2 2019 Sierra Denalis this weekend when I was in Oklahoma City; I can tell you that seeing one in person the 2019 Ram does not come to mind. Looking at the side of the front end it looks a lot like a gen 2 Titan
They squared the front end of the 19 Denali but to me at a glance they all look pretty similar.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts