DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi just Buy my new 19' Limited my first truck ever and have around 500 miles and want to make first oil change!!!!!

The original Oil from factory is Synthetic or Mineral?

Also plan to fill with 5w-20w Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Wix Oil Filter 57060XP!!!

im in Sunny (HOT) and humid Florida the setup i plan to use is recommended?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Factory fill is conventional Pennzoil.

Your choice of oil should serve you well

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for answer they use mineral at factory.

also the SRT Oil Filter 05038041AA used on Hellcats Demons and Vipers can work in the 2019 5.7 engine?

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Yes, the SRT filter works on all Hemis: 5.7, both 6.4s, and both 6.2s. Filters aren't super engine specific, the ones for our trucks even work on some Cadillac engines

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm about to hit 5,000 miles on my 19 Laramie and I'm about to do my first oil change in the next couple day, does anyone know if the Mobil 1 filters are the same for the 2019s? I'm assuming they are

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Same Hemi, same filter

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi just Buy my new 19' Limited my first truck ever and have around 500 miles and want to make first oil change!!!!!

The original Oil from factory is Synthetic or Mineral?

Also plan to fill with 5w-20w Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and Wix Oil Filter 57060XP!!!

im in Sunny (HOT) and humid Florida the setup i plan to use is recommended?

Thanks
Tase,

It's on the manual. Page 564 ?

Engine Oil – 5.7L Engine:

"We recommend you use API Certified SAE 5W-20 Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-6395 such as Mopar, Pennzoil, and Shell Helix. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for correct SAE grade."

Cheers,
Neurobit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tase,

It's on the manual. Page 564 ?

Engine Oil – 5.7L Engine:

"We recommend you use API Certified SAE 5W-20 Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-6395 such as Mopar, Pennzoil, and Shell Helix. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for correct SAE grade."

Cheers,
Neurobit
Thanks!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts