DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses on where the rebates are going on the 2019 Ram 1500 for September?

I am taking delivery on a Limited I ordered back in May and I am wondering if I should take the $1,500 or wait till after the 5th and see if rebates are higher.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Should be pretty good. I went with a buddy earlier this week who bought a 2019 crew cab 4X4 Laramie with an MSRP of $55860 and he got if for $46603 after all rebates of which I seriously doubt he was totally eligible for. I told him to ask if the advertised bottom line price was what they would sell it for over the phone before we went and after 15 minutes of BS they agreed.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ram Crew Laramie 4x4 Cummins Delmonico Red
16 Posts
Hi Guys, I bought my Laramie a year ago. Window sticker was $55,100. After all rebates and discounts I paid $43,185, which also included an extended warranty. I suppose I could have saved more money by going out-of-state but I’m one of those dopes that likes to support the in-state economy. I also could have bought a 2018 at the time but the dealer had the exact model and options at their Portland dealership so I went with it. No sales tax for Oregon residents is a real plus. I also could have waited for the 2019 but I liked the 2017 looks better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is definitely not always true but rebates typically get better as the model year gets “older.” I’ve also had an easier time getting MY price at the end of the month. I was happy with the current bighorn rebates ($4500 and $1000 from USAA) so I just purchased my black package bighorn located at a different dealership on the 31st. MSRP was $51k and sale price with rebates was $38k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is definitely not always true but rebates typically get better as the model year gets “older.” I’ve also had an easier time getting MY price at the end of the month. I was happy with the current bighorn rebates ($4500 and $1000 from USAA) so I just purchased my black package bighorn located at a different dealership on the 31st. MSRP was $51k and sale price with rebates was $38k.
What the hell?

What rebates did you get?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What the hell?

What rebates did you get?
$4000 for 70CK1
$500 for WECKA1
$1000 coupon for USAA

I’m located in Washington state

·
Registered
6 Posts
$4000 for 70CK1
$500 for WECKA1
$1000 coupon for USAA

I’m located in Washington state
Thanks for the details. I'm planning on using the USAA car buying service as well. Did you lose out on additional offers because you came to the table with your own financing?

I've used USAA to furnish 2 car loans so far, but they were both used cars. Looking to buy new next year and I want to use them again. I'm looking for the best deal I can get on a new Limited. Not sure what the timeframe will be, but it could be late in the 2019 MY, possibly when the 2020 MY comes out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We did NOT use USAA for financing. As USAA members, there is a $1000 coupon for their “car buying service.” You can just request the coupon code so you don’t have dealers x, y, and z calling you. I brought that coupon to the dealer.

The only rebate I qualified for but couldn’t use was the Chrysler $500 military rebate but obviously the USAA incentive was better...by $500 to be exact ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We did NOT use USAA for financing. As USAA members, there is a $1000 coupon for their “car buying service.” You can just request the coupon code so you don’t have dealers x, y, and z calling you. I brought that coupon to the dealer.

The only rebate I qualified for but couldn’t use was the Chrysler $500 military rebate but obviously the USAA incentive was better...by $500 to be exact ?
Just curious, is there any reason you did not use USAA for financing?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
If you belong to the Good Sam Club or Costco, you could ask them about Company Code referred to at the website below

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

It should allow you to buy a new Ram at 1% below the dealers invoice price & you still get any rebates that are normally available at the time of purchase

The paperwork with the Company Code should be presented to the Ram sales person while making your factory order or before you sign anything to make a purchase
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i went into buy my Ram, i asked the receptionist to give me the name of a sales person that had direct access to the DealerConnect website

Doing that eliminates all the Junior Sales Team members, because none of them have direct access to DealerConnect.com
They have to go through a sales manager or another trustworthy senior sales person who does have direct access

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I wonder what they will open the limiteds up to for rebates.

The dealer was already at invoice minus holdback and I mentioned my company affilite discount and he said I can use that IN ADDITION to what I thought was already a good deal below invoice. Then again I ordered May 10

I want to use :

-Standard $1,500 northeast regional
-Total loss
-Military
-Future Farmers of America
-Conquest and/or loyalty
-Sams club

What happened to commercial truck business link upfitter and lettering rebates? When will those be available?

What else can I combine for rebates?

My msrp sticker is $67000. Invoice around $59,000

I may have one of the first Kentucky Derby Rambox etorque trucks on their lot!

I need more rebates. Who knows what other rebates I can combine ?

What else can I use?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I thought first responder was a Ford thing?

I am not LE. I don’t think they ask for any documentation though.

Would it be easier to say I am a realtor ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Its 1% below invoice + $75 admin fee.

If you belong to the Good Sam Club or Costco, you could ask them about Company Code referred to at the website below

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/

It should allow you to buy a new Ram at 1% below the dealers invoice price & you still get any rebates that are normally available at the time of purchase

The paperwork with the Company Code should be presented to the Ram sales person while making your factory order or before you sign anything to make a purchase
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i went into buy my Ram, i asked the receptionist to give me the name of a sales person that had direct access to the DealerConnect website

Doing that eliminates all the Junior Sales Team members, because none of them have direct access to DealerConnect.com
They have to go through a sales manager or another trustworthy senior sales person who does have direct access

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just curious, is there any reason you did not use USAA for financing?
USAA is a good bank with great customer service for military members and their families, but their loan rates are not all that great. We got a better rate with a local credit union.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
USAA is a good bank with great customer service for military members and their families, but their loan rates are not all that great. We got a better rate with a local credit union.

They offered me 2.25% on my Durango, but I was able to get 2.24% from another bank

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
You could go for the FCA payment plan, what ever it is called, it gives you another discount
then after 2 months more or less & switch to a better loan company

1 - 20 of 39 Posts