DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can promise you they are not going to change your gears. I tried to have that done and they said it would kick off alarms and put you in limp mode.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree with all of the above - for tow comfort (not straining drivetrain at peak capacity, even if within tow rating), the 3/4 ton here is the only way to go with a loaded horse trailer transversing the Rockies 2x a year. 4.10 rear end if you can get it, otherwise 3.92. Since "only" twice a year, you may wish to go with 6.4L HEMI instead of all the cost of diesel + SCR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do not settle for anything less than the the dealer swapping out the truck for a truck that is made to do the job you need it to do. Give them one chance (contact the owner of the dealership) to make it right, then contact a good attorney. On the first contact, if met with ANY resistance, be sure the owner knows that he/she will be paying your attorney fees as well as replacing the truck. Any good attorney can handle this quickly.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If the truck you bought was a demo unit they should have no problem taking it back and selling again as a demonstrator.
I agree with that, they can put it into the dealer name again and try to sell it as a demo but they will most likely have to go used. They lied salesman should take the hit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I agree with that, they can put it into the dealer name again and try to sell it as a demo but they will most likely have to go used. They lied salesman should take the hit.
I would actually ask for my money back and go somewhere else.If you are gonna take a hit take it somewhere else, why give them any more business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi all, Just an update for you. The dealership was very responsive and let us keep the truck for a few days while they found the truck that had the correct specs. We even got them to come down off the price significantly. I know a lot of you feel I should have bought at least a 2500, but the 1500 loaded is so sweet and it handles really well pulling the all-aluminum 2 horse slant with small living quarters. (I only have one horse and I didn't load up the truck or the trailer). I did get the gooseneck hitch installed with the hitch extender since the bed is short. I drove it from FL to CA in early June, staying on the flatter interstates. Most grade I had to deal with was coming through Flagstaff, Arizona but it pulled like a champ. I would be thinking 2500 if I was planning to ever do any hauling over terrain. But for now, I'm very happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi all, Just an update for you. The dealership was very responsive and let us keep the truck for a few days while they found the truck that had the correct specs. We even got them to come down off the price significantly. I know a lot of you feel I should have bought at least a 2500, but the 1500 loaded is so sweet and it handles really well pulling the all-aluminum 2 horse slant with small living quarters. (I only have one horse and I didn't load up the truck or the trailer). I did get the gooseneck hitch installed with the hitch extender since the bed is short. I drove it from FL to CA in early June, staying on the flatter interstates. Most grade I had to deal with was coming through Flagstaff, Arizona but it pulled like a champ. I would be thinking 2500 if I was planning to ever do any hauling over terrain. But for now, I'm very happy.
Just to be clear - we did get a different truck with the right specs and a better price!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts