DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn Eco Diesel a few weeks ago. Before the PDI we identified that the exhaust tips were not even. One stuck out further than the other. When we picked up the vehicle after the purchase was complete, we again identified the problem. We were told to make an appt with the dealership to bring it back. We did that and also contacted Chrysler directly. We are told that's the way it was designed and nothing they can do about it. They say it is like that on all 2020 Rams that have the step option on the driver's side. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if it was fixed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport, the tail pipes are even on mine but I don't have the bed step. I was going to buy one and add it, I wonder if that will be an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport, the tail pipes are even on mine but I don't have the bed step. I was going to buy one and add it, I wonder if that will be an issue.
I'm not sure, the mechanic that looked at ours said the bed step was in the way to bring that exhaust pipe out any further to be even with the other one.... and there was no allowance to move the other one in. We were told by the mechanic that it had to do with the bed step. We haven't heard that officially from Chrysler or the dealership itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts