DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hit in the right front just in front of wheel well at 80 mph. I was forced I to the median. I hit 2 frwy info signs and an Uninstalled concrete drain . My truck was a mess in the front end lower bumper gone, skid plate gone as well as l laundry list of broken torn off or destroyed in place items. All toll was $20,835 in damages to the truck. Police officer said I turned the drain to gravel. I knew for sure my truck was gone. I got back in and pulled it out of median and discovered ( aside from both front tires being flat ) my truck amazingly was drivable. No pull either way, no vibrations, no grinding, no new noise. Took it to ram dealer in Ft. Smith Ar. Had them really look it over and tell me if I could drive it to Ogden Utah. Mechanic was shocked that with the extreme damage it still drove like a new truck. I was totally speechless. As for my opinion Ram 1500 trucks are some of the best built "toughest" truck on the market. I have photos and repair sheet with parts and cost. I think it is an amazing truck and will be loyal to Ram till they change or I find a TOUGHER TRUCK. Just my opinion. :giggle:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage, hope you weren’t injured. It’s nice to hear the truck handled it so well. Did it set off any airbags ?

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
51 Posts
I'm going to agree with you 200%, these are tough trucks! I had a 2011 that got totaled in January of this year. Similar scenario, hit in front of the left front wheel, turned me off the interstate into a construction zone. I hit a large dirt pile at an angle, flipping me 3 times. The cab (mostly) maintained it's shape and I have no doubt it saved my life. I am a lifelong RAM owner for sure now.
I was very lucky and walked away with no major injuries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts