DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for certain whether on a new 2500 Longhorn the code XAN which is blindspot warning with cross path detection. Some information mentions blindspot detection with crosspath detection and trailer merging assist. Sometimes it's called blindspot detection with tag trailer. I want the blindspot warning with cross path detection and trailer merging assist so I get help changing lanes when I'm pulling a trailer. My problem is that out of 6 different dealerships, not one of them knows whether that feature is part of my package. Towing Technology Group (AAN) has XAN included, as does Safety Group (AAU), and Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group (A68). I hope someone can tell me for sure if the trailer 39' look back blind spot is part of these packages OR if the blind spot warning feature for trailers is a separate option with a code of its own or if it's only available in the Limited edition. HELP! Dave J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have checked with one more dealer, ram truck customer service and they said to contact my dealer. I expained that he wasn't sure so I asked if anyone at ram trucks could get me the info and she said they would have to wait until the truck is delivered to the dealer to get the sales codes that the truck had on it. I explained that I already knew the sales codes and why couldn't they just look it up what features SHOULD be on that XAN code and she said that was impossible to do and that they had no way to tell what the XAN code was supposed to have. I explained that SOMEONE at ram surely MUST know because ram trucks sent all the sales codes to the dealers, not the other way around. She just said she was sorry and that after the truck was delivered to the dealer, we could hook up to a trailer to see what I got. I felt like a dog chasing its tail in circles. HELP davejorden

1 - 2 of 2 Posts