DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just bought a 2020 Ram Power wagon. Not impressed, problems are, can’t unlock/lock with fobs. Have to use key and set off alarm, annoying vibration in Eco/mds mode, lights flickering around gear selector (intermittently), dealer wont set tire pressure threshold, rattle when hitting wash boards, sounds like cab mounts. Yah not impressed for a new truck!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Air pressure setting for the TPMS system have not been able to be changed for a few years now at the dealer. At one point someone found a way to change it with an aftermarket device but not everyone was able to make that work either. As for the key fob not locking or unlocking the door take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. When the engine goes into Eco/MDS mode it is running on four cylinders and will vibrate because it is no longer balanced like when it is running on all eight cylinders. Wash board roads pretty much will cause any vehicle to rattle. As for the lights flickering around the gear selector again have the dealer look at it to see if it is normal or if something is wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, its been there. They say all good, im a mechanic by trade and understand when someone is blowing smoke up my a$$. Too bad, i like truck but probably wont be keeping long. Will be the shortest i have ever kept a new truck! Good job RAM!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The flickering of the gear selector lights over the shift knob is no big deal, the door locks I am finding hard to believe the dealer is telling you that the system is working properly when it won't unlock the doors. Now a question when you say it won't unlock the doors are you talking about it won't unlock the passenger and rear doors or it won't unlock any of the doors the drivers door included?

There is a setting in the Uconnect that will disable the key fob from unlocking the passenger and rear doors for safety, you can set this to unlock all the doors or just the drivers door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, no doors, wont start! Dealer said the certain areas have reception interference. Seems like this truck electronic nightmare! Wont be keeping, lemon of a new truck!

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
650 Posts
Hey, just bought a 2020 Ram Power wagon. Not impressed, problems are, can’t unlock/lock with fobs. Have to use key and set off alarm, annoying vibration in Eco/mds mode, lights flickering around gear selector (intermittently), dealer wont set tire pressure threshold, rattle when hitting wash boards, sounds like cab mounts. Yah not impressed for a new truck!
I've been told that the 2500 and 3500s are the worst pickups to date. But no personal experience on them with me. 1500s though...totally different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2020 has been awesome so far, i changed my tire pressure thresholds with alpha odb, every now and then i have push my unlock button a couple times for doors to unlock. the vibration is from the counter vibration pods mounted on the frame below the drivers and passengers side doors. my is a beast so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 has been awesome so far, i changed my tire pressure thresholds with alpha odb, every now and then i have push my unlock button a couple times for doors to unlock. the vibration is from the counter vibration pods mounted on the frame below the drivers and passengers side doors. my is a beast so far.
little late maybe hope you kept your truck or got it fixed!?!? I bought my 2020 ram power wagon 1/25/2020 truck has been awesome did have a key fob problem seems like the batteries die faster than before, and with a weak battery it won’t unlock or do anything, even had to open the truck with the little key it comes with at the bottom but changed out the battery and good as new!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
little late maybe hope you kept your truck or got it fixed!?!? I bought my 2020 ram power wagon 1/25/2021 truck has been awesome did have a key fob problem seems like the batteries die faster than before, and with a weak battery it won’t unlock or do anything, even had to open the truck with the little key it comes with at the bottom but changed out the battery and good as new!!!!
sorry meant 1/25/2021 before crazy truck prices and they wanted to get them out for 2021 models!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts