DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Ram will again offer the standard cab R/T with the upper interior trim as they did before?

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
This has nothing to do with the classic. The 2 door Rams are currently all built in Mexico. Newer version of them in various trima should be available when the Warren plant is done being refitted and begins producing 5th gen HD Rams and 2 door LD Rams.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
That is in the classic. The r/t and other 2 door models will be reintroduced with the opening of the Warren plant is the plan I have always heard.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is in the classic. The r/t and other 2 door models will be reintroduced with the opening of the Warren plant is the plan I have always heard.

Thanks, but to clarify, you're saying the R/T will be reintroduced in the new style not the classic correct? What time frame was that supposed to be?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
All regular cabs, to include R/Ts, are and will be produced alongside the HDs in Mexico and Warren once they move there. Based off that I would assume the 19 R/T will be a 4th gen and the 20 R/T will be a 5th gen.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All regular cabs, to include R/Ts, are and will be produced alongside the HDs in Mexico and Warren once they move there. Based off that I would assume the 19 R/T will be a 4th gen and the 20 R/T will be a 5th gen.

Thanks. I was assuming the 4th gen R/Ts would be no more since there are so many parts unique to it that also were on the crew cab sport, but with the 4th gen crew cabs gone I figured they would say keeping the R/T would not be cost effective. Plus the press release I read only stated Tradesman and Express, no mention of R/T's. Also I'm still seeing 4th gen work trucks arriving but I have not seen R/Ts for quite a while. I kick myself because a dealer had a truck just like mine but with 4wd, just what I was looking for, and I procrastinated too long. The last one's I saw were black. All of them. Like they just decided, heck, lets just paint everything black from now on. And black does not cut it in the desert unless you want to loose a few layers of skin if you happen to touch the sheet metal. Have you notice the prices are jumping a few hundred every month?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I haven't really noticed prices because I've only been looking at the HDs. The 4th gen ceew cabs haven't gone anywhere, they are just HD only now, so they still have all the parts they need to build a 4th gen RT as long as the HDs are still in the old gen-whether they actually make them or not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts