DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks bought my new 1500 a week a ago. On my way home it popped a service light
"Front Collision Warning System Service" called the dealer immediately, rep said its their fault they forgot to take the truck out of transportation/dealer mode, well what the hell is the dealer prep fee for?
He told me to take it to service to any dealer they will correct this in no time.
Then next day the warning went away by it self.
Then again under some hard braking, the whole list of warnings came back
1. 4 wheel drive service
2. Service electronic stability control
3. Service trailer brake system
4. Front collision warning and breaking service
5. Engine service light

Took it to my local dealer and told him what the other dealer told me about the truck being in transport/dealer mode and asked the service manager if he could help me. He said I need it to take it to the dealer I bought the truck from or pay $400.00 for them to service the brand new truck.
So, took the drive to the dealer I bought the truck from, now they said the truck has electrical issues, some bad harnesses or something, told me to leave the truck over the weekend. I didn't want to do that, left the dealer and start making arrangements with the dealers close to home. Got an appointment for Monday (04/05/2021).
Let's wait and see how that goes.
In the meantime if anybody has similar issues please feel free to share your experience here, ideas and resolutions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

04/05/2021 Update: dropped at the dealer in the morning. The service writer seems to think its the battery. Called for an update few hours later, he told me they have two electrical techs going over the truck, checking every electrical connection. He said it will take till tomorrow to find out what is going on. Fingers crossed. Keep you posted.

04/06/2021 Update: Dealership said, they checked all the connections and put them back together. After which the lights went away. They took it for a test drive for which I suggested doing it on a bumpy road with some hard breaking. Dealership called after the test said the lights came back but they found the issue. They suspect its the transfer case module. The part is ordered and they will get it in a couple of days and install it. So, next update 2 days from now.

04/07/2021 Update: Dealership called to my surprise! They said the part is installed but, the warning lights are back. The service manager said he is assigning his lead master electrical tech to my truck today. I wonder who did the service so far. He offered a rental today, I am going to take it tomorrow. Hopefully the master lead tech might solve the issue soon.

04/08/2021 Update: Went to dealership to pickup the rental, whaddaya know? They told me my truck is fixed. It turned out to be four loose grounds. The paperwork stated that voltage differences were noted at these connections that are found loose. The contacts were cleaned and retightened. Also installed new transfer case module. I will take it for a shakedown later or tomorrow. For now Red is back and no warning lights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When in transit mode. Most dash instruments/lights dont work. Per thier franchise agreement, the other dealer is required to fix it, no matter where you bought it from. Free of charge to you. Sorry for the bad luck. Hang in thier and let the warranty work for you. They should give you a loaner free of charge. If not call manufacture and complain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When in transit mode. Most dash instruments/lights dont work. Per thier franchise agreement, the other dealer is required to fix it, no matter where you bought it from. Free of charge to you. Sorry for the bad luck. Hang in thier and let the warranty work for you. They should give you a loaner free of charge. If not call manufacture and complain.
Thanks mate, I will update on Monday. Let's see where this goes. Hopefully this is an easy fix for dealer.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
412 Posts
Hello Folks bought my new 1500 a week a ago. On my way home it popped a service light
"Front Collision Warning System Service" called the dealer immediately, rep said its their fault they forgot to take the truck out of transportation/dealer mode, well what the hell is the dealer prep fee for?
He told me to take it to service to any dealer they will correct this in no time.
Then next day the warning went away by it self.
Then again under some hard braking, the whole list of warnings came back
1. 4 wheel drive service
2. Service electronic stability control
3. Service trailer brake system
4. Front collision warning and breaking service
5. Engine service light

Took it to my local dealer and told him what the other dealer told me about the truck being in transport/dealer mode and asked the service manager if he could help me. He said I need it to take it to the dealer I bought the truck from or pay $400.00 for them to service the brand new truck.
So, took the drive to the dealer I bought the truck from, now they said the truck has electrical issues, some bad harnesses or something, told me to leave the truck over the weekend. I didn't want to do that, left the dealer and start making arrangements with the dealers close to home. Got an appointment for Monday (04/05/2021).
Let's wait and see how that goes.
In the meantime if anybody has similar issues please feel free to share your experience here, ideas and resolutions are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 137361 View attachment 137362 View attachment 137363 View attachment 137364
What Vern said! It does sound like a full wiring harness/electrical issue. Had a guy on another forum had same issues in his 2020. After replacing the whole wiring harness the issues went away. Have them check sensors and ALL of the fluids just to be on the safe side though. Personally I wouldn't take it to the dealer you bought it from though if it left the dealership like that. But don't pay any $ to have issues corrected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Vern said! It does sound like a full wiring harness/electrical issue. Had a guy on another forum had same issues in his 2020. After replacing the whole wiring harness the issues went away. Have them check sensors and ALL of the fluids just to be on the safe side though. Personally I wouldn't take it to the dealer you bought it from though if it left the dealership like that. But don't pay any $ to have issues corrected.
Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, did take it to a different dealer. Hope it doesn't take too long to figure it out.
Updated the original post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for you bad luck so to speak. Call FCA and log a complaint. Dealers are required under warranty not to charge the consumer for faulty defects on their product. Unfortunately dealers will tell you anything for a sell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts