DODGE RAM FORUM banner

When using the "AUTO" function for your headlights, do your lights always stay on (night/day)?

• Headlights automatically turn ON/OFF based on ambient lighting.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Headlights are always on when set to "AUTO".

Votes: 1 16.7%
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE #2:

We've found the issue. Albeit won't be repaired for some time, we at least know where the problem lies.

After taking the truck to multiple dealerships for repairs, it seems that this is a software issue. Dealer technicians spoke with FCA and they've identified the problem to the BCM software.

I am far from being the only one affected by this. Seems that a large batch of 2021 models in Canada have this issue. At the last dealership I visited, the salesperson checked to see if the problem existed on new trucks on his lot. Several new trucks were found to have the same problem, but not all of them. Considering the number of afflicted trucks, I certainly hope that it will put pressure on FCA to come up with a fix sooner rather than later.

I hope that this update will be able to help others that may be in the same position as me.

-Cheers!
Glad to see they are working on this issue. I too have the same issue with my 2021 bighorn 3500. Drives me nuts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, it's quite annoying. I am looking forward to the day everything will work as it should. I am in contact with the Service Manager at one of the dealerships here and once a week I will ping him to see if there has been any updates. He takes the time to contact FCA each week, hoping for some good news.
Do you have a file number or issue reference logged with Chrysler that I could reference, I have the same issue with my 2021 Big Horn and the dealership treats me like I'm crazy and tell me there is no problem with it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a file number or issue reference logged with Chrysler that I could reference, I have the same issue with my 2021 Big Horn and the dealership treats me like I'm crazy and tell me there is no problem with it. Any help would be appreciated.
The dealer needs to call the tech line, this is a well documented problem. They argued with me as well and I wouldn't let it go. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with the tech discussing the problem. The tech had no idea how the automatic lights were suppose to work, I finally got through to him they called the tech line and found out in fact there is a software problem but no fix for it currently. I don't understand why as some trucks auto lights work fine others don't you would think its as simple as a re-flash. I feel it not a priority to them, because it not a safety issue.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts